Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mistakes
Posted by: gary ()
Date: February 05, 2007 12:04PM

What do you think are the worst mistakes to make on the raw-vegan diet? i.e. What should I avoid doing?

At the end of 2005 I went all raw very quickly. I lost a lot of weight and didn't feel good at all. I gave up after about 4 months and went back to SUKD. I think my main mistakes were to transition too quickly and to underestimate my calorie needs. I probably made other mistakes. So before I try again, I would like to know what I'm doing!

So I would like to learn from the mistakes of others (as well as my own).

Cheers,

Gary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mistakes
Posted by: No5 ()
Date: February 05, 2007 02:50PM

Undereating on greens is a common mistake.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 05, 2007 04:16PM

Some examples:

1) Not eating enough
2) Not staying full
3) Relying on 'discipline' and not on true 'motivation' (not knowing what you really want - or have identified as the best for YOU....and trusting that).
4) Not eating a wide enough variety in the very early phases
5) Not eating before you leave the house - and bringing a snack bag
6) Relying on others or restaurants to feed you....and not bringing your own food platters to parties.
7) Relying too much on supplements and processed foods.
8) The ever popular: heavy eating on sweets & fats
9) Trying to convince others (like family or friends) that your lifestyle is correct. This leads to defensiveness and resentment. Don't even MENTION raw. Do NOT respond to accusations or public questions. All polite inquiries should be handled one-on-one...or not at all.
10) Social situations are killers for many. Let friends and family know that you are going out to be with THEM...not to eat.
11) Reliance on colon cleansing, other cleanses, or extreme health food practices too quickly.....or using them to make up for general bad eating habits.
12) Trying to accomplish too much...too quickly...and feeling miserable.

-Unfortunately there is also the mistake that raw food eating is some kind of cure for underlying eating disorder issues (like just binging.....or more pathological forms of eating disorder).

-Just some common things that CAN occur. Most easily avoidable with a little bit of prep! smiling smiley No worries!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 06, 2007 12:50AM

No5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Undereating on greens is a common mistake.

YES! I am still doing this! Good thing you've pointed out. Although I eat a LOT of salads so I suppose that counts as greens even though in my head salads and vegetables are two separate entities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2007 12:51AM by SiennaInLondon.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 06, 2007 01:45AM

I cherish every sinlge mistake that I made, because I learn from them!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 06, 2007 03:20AM

rawgosia,I love what you said.that is such a winning philosophy.I will have to remember this one."i cherish every single mistake that i made cause i learned from it."love it.thanks taylor

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 06, 2007 03:34AM

Biggest mistake I made was to go back to cooked food 10 years ago when I had already done a year and a half of Raw.
Brian

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: February 06, 2007 03:22PM

smiling smiley

Brian1cs..
That's what the mistakes are for.., as Gosia sais: smiling smiley TO LEARN From Them..

I think, it's good, that you've done it "early".. rather than LATE.., when you would have no power to switch it back to raw.. winking smiley

DAVIDZ.. YES, Very good List.. I think it can be of a great guide, one should print it out and study id in order to be aware of the weakest points, mistakes that everyone can/makes.

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables