Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

please help! very confused!!
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 06, 2007 09:53AM

hello
i've been in and out of this forum for a good few years same as i've been on and off raw (average 75% over last 5 years) but started first 11 years ago. i have noticed that people's dietary choices have changed considerably since i was first interested in this path and would like some information on, for example, what is this 80/10/10? i presume this is not percentage of raw to cooked like it used to be?
also i've always had as my staple diet:
breakfast: eg an apple with tahini
lunch: big salad and sprouts etc
dinner: big salad and sprouts etc
but snack constantly on nuts seeds dried fruit etc.
i thought this snacking was because i was a compulsive or emotional eater but now i'm wondering if maybe this is because i've got my 'diet' wrong.
i always thought you should eat fruit before anything else and preferably just in the morning.
so i would love an update!!
many thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: please help! very confused!!
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 06, 2007 07:46PM

hi there...well i am new at this but i can try to help 80 is for amount of fruit in the day and then 10 percent veggies and 10 percent nuts and seeds........you may not be eating enough calories during the day you aren't getting fats withyour meals that may cause you to not feel satisfied.....Try eating more fruits in your meals and ad an avocado once or twice a week in your salad for dinner...fruit is still supposed to be eaten first thing and then others...never eat fruit after or with fat.....and make sure you always eat melon alone!!! good luck i hoped i helped some
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Re: please help! very confused!!
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 07, 2007 09:18AM

thankyou sachelle
but i'm still not sure about this whole fruit/ yeast thing. i mean according to gabriel cousens it's best not to eat too much fruit. now i'm hearing from everyone to eat mostly fruit.
also what about only eating seasonal produce? i mean here in the south of france there is not much seasonal winter fruit. what do poeple think about that issue?
thanks for listening

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables