Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Fat in a Live Food Diet by Gab Cousens !!!
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 07, 2007 05:31AM

it would be helpful to hear more about your 20% period.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 07, 2007 05:44AM

My 20% period looked like this:

In the summer and fall, when the weather was warm and the fresh fruit was abundant, my fat intake was consistent under 10%, probably 5%. My summer and fall fat intake back then and the quantities of food back then are not much different than now, except that now I have much more variety in the fruits that I eat. Watermelon was my staple when it came into season until it left. Also persimmons and satsuma tangerines. During this warm weather, I would go to potlucks once a month and eat whatever didn't make me feel too weird. Back then in San Francisco, we didn't have Cafe Gratitude, but we had Urban Forage, which had a lot of low fat options if you didn't use the dressing.

In the winter and spring, when it was cold and there was very few choices of fruits that I liked at the time, I ate more fat. This was before I made peace with bananas. This was before I found out that I loved ataulfo mangos. This was before I tried all the various variety of tangerines (I only liked satsumas). My dressing would have nuts or seeds blended into them. I would eat avocados. My fat intake was something like 10% overt fats every day. Sometimes if I ate more fat, I would skip a day.

Here is a description of what I ate two years ago in the experience with green smoothies thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2007 05:46AM by Bryan.

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:38PM

Ok the fact that some of you are taking breatharians seriously has just made me question this 'cult' I have joined. ARGH! What do I do. Who is right?

The only conclusion I can come to is: Ah who cares. As long as I lose weight.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 07, 2007 08:38PM

>Who is right?

Your intuition is right. You don't want to be associated with crazy folk. But there are some good ideas interspersed with the outrageous, be choosy and use what you can, drop the rest.

I don't know why I still hang out here, it is supposed to be light entertainment and a study break but sometimes but it feels otherwise.

Date: February 07, 2007 08:43PM

"I don't know why I still hang out here, it is supposed to be light entertainment and a study break but sometimes but it feels otherwise."

arugula,

I for one find your posts informative and fascinating. I really hope you stick around as I believe your perspective is very much needed.

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 08, 2007 09:47PM

Thanks argula. Maybe literature will help because forums tend to be very chaotic and I can't make head or tale of who is mad or not. My raw foodism has developed PURELY because of forum advice and perhaps that is my mistake.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 09, 2007 12:37PM

in the state i live in-the hunting and fishing guide put out by this state-tells in the front of it-parts of the fish to not eat.because of comtaminations in the fish-of high chemical and mercury in the fish.then too-i see everyone fishing on the willamette river-right down stream from all these paper mills. i bet there is so much dioxins in the water. i am sure there is controls on how much chemicals amounts can be put into the water. but there it is! the fishing and hunting guide says watch out! for the fish,that is here. i don't know of other states.i am always amazed at everyone on the river...all catching these fish.taylor

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 09, 2007 09:04PM

You know Taylor, when I read about such things, I have to look at myself. What have I done to contribute to the problem?-- that kind of thing. Dioxins are from the paper mill industry. We all use paper. We are all guilty, on one level or another.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables