Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My experience, your comments?
Posted by: sgc ()
Date: February 06, 2007 07:09PM

Hi
I wanted to share with you what I have experienced lately. I've been eating fruits and greens for over a year now, n osupplements whatsoever, and I was always eating one or two avocados with my salad every evening, every day.
Lately, I felt less and less the desire of avocados, and even didn't feel very well after eating one. So I now eat one a week, and mostly fruits during the day.
Now, I get up in the morning, don't eat, and usually either go for a bike ride (~2h moutain bike), or a run (half marathon usually, but not more).
What I've experienced is that now, by eating some fruits in the late afternoon, I usually can go on my bike ride or run without eating, and I don't feel hungry when I get back, and keep sipping water until the afternoon where I have a meal. But if my meal is too big, then the following day, I fast, even after my workouts, and don't feel hungry until the next day.
It's king of scary for me because I never experienced that before. But it's also really cool because I can go on all day without eating, and do a lot of stuff. I like it actually!
I guess it's the power of fruits. I feel so much energy that I could go on forever when I ride and run. Usually I stop because it's getting late and I have to go to work...
Did anybody experienced the same thing? What do you think?
Thanks for your comments

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My experience, your comments?
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 06, 2007 08:34PM

hi sgc, my name is laura. i've only been doing this for about a week but haven't felt that way. i'm usually always hungry but my energy has gotten better. i would also wonder if not eating much throughout the day is a good idea. i've learned over the years that when you don't eat, your body goes into starvation mode and that that isn't so good. i'm not real sure about that especially since you eat so healthy. i would like to know about that also. thanks.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 06, 2007 10:10PM

Yes, I did and I heard this from my raw friends (Audrey or Nora fro example) who experienced this too!!! Yes, the body becomes very efficient on the right foods and the lesson about overeating is one of the last lessons to learn in the raw food transition. A few days ago I decided, after many months of being lazy, to finally get on my bike. I went to work and back by bike, each way taking me about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Big effort. Interestingly, after my morning trip, I did not feel hungry till after 1pm. I only liked sipping some water. In fact, immediately after my morning trip, I felt uneasy until I went to the toilet and expelled some stuff, and felt immediately much better. I realized that my body does not need that much food and overeating can cause me discomfort. To me, it makes sense to eat later than early morning, because my body still digests foods from the day before. Also, I recently discovered that if I eat too much duirng day, then my sleep is disturbed.

I learned from my bike trip that doing some high level of activity puts my body in a different, more efficient gear, and some mistakes that I might be making on raw become more apparent.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: uma ()
Date: February 07, 2007 03:49AM

Thanks for sharing these experiences folks! It is inspiring to hear. I am just starting to get a sense that my body's efficiency has really been increasing and I eat much more than it really needs. I look forward to listening to my body more and more, and also getting better and better quality sleep from not digesting all night long!!

Love,
Uma

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 07, 2007 10:14AM

Take a multi and see if you feel better.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: February 07, 2007 03:59PM

VeganLife, I don't see why I should take a multi supplement. I feel great this way, ride my bike faster than when I was in high school, run longer with no pain and not being tired the next day...

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: February 07, 2007 04:17PM

Thank you for sharing your experience sgc. Your life seems like a dream. And it messes up things I've learned about nutrition and "human requirements" concerning vitamins and minerals. E.g. how much Sodium, iodine and zinc can you get from fruits? Not that much when you compare to the so called R.D.I. And how can someone last on so little food and so much excercise?

Some questions pop up into my head;

Could you be in a place in your life were you physically don't need that much vitamins and minerals?

Or do raw healthy people have such clean intestinals that they absorb much more?

Or can one last much longer on what you get from the food when you're that clean?

Or does it not have anything to do with cleanliness? Can it have something to do with the exercise you're getting?

I'm confused. I haven't got any straight answer on this and I'm curious if you can provide me one.

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: February 07, 2007 04:57PM

That's incredible, sgc! I've been finding my hunger decreasing as well, and I am quite active. Problem is, I'm losing weight. I'm too thin as it is! It seems that whenever I "listen" to my body and start feeling cleaner inside, I end up losing weight. I'm confused!

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 07, 2007 05:15PM

well, this thread is very interesting. I feel better too when I eat very little. But what about weight ? I'm much too thin... I would need to gain 10 pounds to not look so skinny...

love
Cynthia

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:24PM

Hmmm. I enjoy eating. I am only cutting back because I want to lose 5kg which is taking forever because I have always been underweight. But once I reach my target, I am going to enjoy increasing my food intake. Don't you enjoy eating?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2007 06:25PM by SiennaInLondon.

Posted by: marksquire ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:55PM

As some of you know, I am very into lifting weights and fitness. Not so much into running or biking. I prefer short, brief, intense exercises, over exercises with long duration. With that said, when in the gym lifting weights, I don't even get out of breath anymore. Even when I do heavy squats to failure. I know some VERY fit guys who are huffing and puffing after a set of squats. I attribute that to the excess protein and acidity in their systems.

When I was on a high fat version of raw, I used to feel like I was gonna die when I did a set of squats!! The human body was meant to operate on fruit & greens. I've been on the diet for over 5 years, and I'm sold. This, coming from a guy who absolutely LOVED a good hamburger or steak. smiling smiley

Best,
Mark

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: February 07, 2007 06:59PM

Interesting thread, sgc. . .

There is a book called Glimpses of Reality, by Benito de Donno. He is a long-time fruitarian and he says that we really need very little food, and then only fruit, to operate. We get a lot of Prana from air and from sunlight.

He says he eats only once a day, a few pieces of fruit, in the evening.

I find that my experience is like yours, sgc. Lately, I am not hungry until mid to late afternoon and I don't need to eat much even then. In fact, it is more like I feel so good that I know if I were to eat something it would bring me down from the "high." So I don't eat until I really get the clear signal to do so.

I agree that it is amazing and wonderful!!!

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 07, 2007 10:28PM

rrraw, these are very clever and in depth questions. I've been wondering same things too.

Mark, your experiences are very valuable, thanks so much for sharing. Did you notice that your body is able to sustain itself on less food than in the earlier stages of your raw food journey?

On another thread Bryan mentioned that he observed after several years of raw that his body requirements for food in terms of volume decreased, and said that this could be explained by his body being saturated with nutrients and not requiring as much as before (apologies if my translation is not acurate, Bryan). Where is that post?

uma, are you into some form of athletic exercise?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 07, 2007 10:42PM

lol, that is me everyday, the other day I was with a friend, I walked everywhere until it was dark.talking all night..non stop..

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 09, 2007 06:34AM

sgc,

For a few years now I have not had the desire to eat before noon. Sometimes I won't eat my first meal until 4pm. Also, I've found my calorie intake dropping this winter, somewhere between 1000-1500 calories. Last summer, I was eating more like 1500-2000 calories. Yesterday, because of all the yoga I did, my lunch was enough to feed me for the entire day.

I did a 3 day water fast over the Christmas holidays. For the first 24 hours, I didn't notice any energy drop. I am amazed that my food requirements have dropped so much this winter, as I have always loved to eat a lot of food. Its funny, I dind't have to do anything or make this happen. It has just been happening all by itself.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 09, 2007 10:44AM

Sorry, Sgc, I missread your post. i thought that you fekt weak but not hungry. Yes, definetly do not mess that up with excess vitamins! Great stuff!

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 09, 2007 12:00PM

hi everyone! well-i am noticing the very same thing.I am not wanting breakfast.i still feel full from my salad from the nite before.i tend to eat later in the day.on my water fast of 2 days and going into the 3rd.day...was an experience I don't want to repeat any time soon.the first day i felt wonderful.the second day-so exhausted that i could not even exercise.that upset me to think i was so tired and would be doing it for ten days,anyway-i have noticed the very same thing.i eat about 1000 calories a day.i feel full and nourished.i do take a vitamin though.hugs taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables