Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cleanse and water fast
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 06, 2007 09:12PM

here i am again but even so...this may help others if they don't know. I am going on a water fast for a couple of days. I went to the health food store and got some kind of herbal internal cleanse.can i take these while i water fast?sorry i am so ignorant.thanks a million...taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cleanse and water fast
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: February 06, 2007 09:37PM

Taylor,

Congrats on your enthusiasm and on your weight loss. You seem to be doing a great job at making healthy choices. However, if I may make a suggestion, please do some reading and research before fasting. I'm not an expert (I've only done the master cleanse for 10 days - once) so I can't advise you. Except to say that water fasting is a serious shock to the system - and I'm not saying that it's not a healthy thing to do - I believe it is. However, you REALLY need to know what you're doing - or you could cause yourself harm. Please get as informed as possible before starting. There are many books on the subject and I'm sure you could find some at your library or get them through an inter-library loan.

Maybe there are others who have more experience with fasting who could advise Taylor on which books are best?

Good Luck!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Date: February 06, 2007 09:46PM

thanks so much alive. well-i am only going to water fast a couple of days. now i found out the stuff i got called interanl cleanse-says to take the herbal pills with a meal.so i will have to go this after the water fast.i thank u so much.I am researching things on this via here and other sites.thanks so much.taylor

Date: February 06, 2007 09:56PM

ok-i found this site on water fasting! www.falconblanco.com/health/fasting.htm. i think it is a good site.it seems to explain things in depth.taylor

Posted by: Rawk_On ()
Date: February 06, 2007 10:16PM

Hi Taylor

> got some kind of herbal internal cleanse.can i take these while i water fast?

Yes, you can. I think it is important to have a bowel movement every day during a fast. You can do this with herbs, enemas, or colonics.

What books are you using for guidance?

Date: February 07, 2007 02:31AM

rawk_on!well-i bought something that is 7 days of internal cleansing.it a some packet you stir into your water or juice and i think it is a packet of spirulina and the stuff to get your intestines with friendly flora.then the other is capsules of herbs that say"eat with a healthy meal".it says not a laxative.so now-i don't know what the heck i got.it was with all the colon cleansing and liver cleansing stuff.i do have smooth move tea.maybe i should just drink my water and a cup of that tea ,daily.that stuff is pretty wild just using it.all i have so far from not eating all day is a small headache.I did not even know dr. steven Bailey was based in this neck of the woods. thanks!valuable info.taylor

Date: February 07, 2007 02:34AM

oh-oops! what books?lets see!i am looking on the web-sites on fasting and reading what all they have to say.sachelle is my fasting buddy...so hopefully we can gather enough knowledge to so this for several days. i read that you stop when you have better breath and all your detox symtoms are gone.I am trying to study and gather info.thanks so much..taylor

Date: February 07, 2007 12:53PM

well-me and sachelle made it thru day one of the water fast.all is well and we both feel really great.next we are going into juices...after this is over.taylor

Date: February 07, 2007 10:32PM

well-i wonder when the detox symtoms start? i had a headache and sinus clearing last nite...but that was not detox-there was a storm coming.rain-i always get that before and during rains.how long does it take to have detox come about?thanks taylor

Date: February 07, 2007 10:39PM

taylor

I have heard in some instances detox symptoms can be delayed for quite some time... and in some cases you might not even experience detox symptoms at all! It really just depends on the person.

"but that was not detox-there was a storm coming.rain-i always get that before and during rains."

My husband gets the same way! When pressure drops significantly his joints sometimes ache in addition to headaches.

Lisa

Date: February 07, 2007 10:46PM

thanks so much Lisa.yep! i am the same way.my arthritis kicks up too.we are weather men.lol.take care and thanks for the info.taylor

Date: February 08, 2007 12:22PM

i feel like a whimp but i have been on this water fast for going on 3 days.i feel i may stop it.ok.i am a whimp.taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables