Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

am i a whimp?
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 08, 2007 12:20PM

hi eveyone! i am on day 3 of this water fast and i want to stop.am i a whimp? I don't know if it is all the recent weight loss or what but i feel for me this is too much. i have lost 63 pounds since oct.18th of 2006.well-i want to get the benefits of a fast but i feel for me it is too much.thanks taylor(any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: am i a whimp?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 08, 2007 01:21PM

A wimp? Most people will never fast a day in their lives! You should be HIGHLY motivated to continue a fast. When you cease to be particularly motivated to continue a fast....and it is a mental and physical struggle....it is my opinion that a fast should be discontinued.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 08, 2007 01:55PM

HEy T

I cannot go ONE day on a water fast!!

If you don't want to stop, start drinking fresh juice!!

Orange, apple, make sure you squeeze it yourself!!!

Date: February 08, 2007 03:42PM

thanks guys! i have been on 1000 calories for so long that i just think it is too much for me.i learned alot from it.like i don't want to do that anytime again soon.David your wisdom is fabulous! rawrnr-thanks for the supportive words/i see where this action needs lots of prayer to get thru it.hugs taylor

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: February 08, 2007 03:53PM

Congrats for making it 3 days! I agree with the others...if it is a struggle for you, then stop. No biggie! smiling smiley You did great.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: February 08, 2007 04:23PM

I've never managed to get past 24 hours!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 08, 2007 06:03PM

hi taylor, i agree with everyone else. you went for 3 days and your body's telling you to stop. maybe try again some other time and go a day or two longer than last time. you have a lot of will-power. i could never do it.
thanks, laura

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: February 08, 2007 06:34PM

taylor,
when i fast in a place of less than loving it,
i find myself prone to binging after and defeating
any of the gifts of the fast.
perhaps you can gently introduce a small mono fruit
meal to celebrate your huge success. . .
chewing, chewing, chewing and deeply loving every bite.
then enjoy another mono fruit meal again when you feel hunger.
thank you for all the inspiration you give us all here.
fruitgirl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2007 06:38PM by fruitgirl.

Date: February 08, 2007 06:45PM

thanks everyone...u are all the best.hugs taylor

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 08, 2007 07:35PM

Hi Taylor,

I think 3 days is very good.

The only other thing that crossed my mind is once your weight stabilizes, you might find fasting easier.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: February 08, 2007 08:08PM

Hi Taylor!

You did great! You are asking a LOT of yourself and have been feeling great about your progress. 3 days on a water fast is great!

I did the master cleanse in November - I was doing fine and feeling good and then on the 9th day, I WAS SOOOO DONE! I could barely look at another lemonade, started to detest the maple syrup, could think of nothing but some tomato soup, became edgy and discontent, etc. I hung on till the 10th day out of stubborness. My point is that my attitude and feelings did an abrupt change and I KNEW it was time for me to stop.

You can just keep on doing what you've been doing and all the weight to come off - it took time to gain it and it should take time to lose it. Getting in a hurry can be a big mistake - just letting it happen will also help you to keep it off.

Since this isn't just a "diet", but more of a lifestyle, you can afford to relax and enjoy the journey!

Anyhoo - again, Congrats to you! You Rawk, Raw Taylor Girl!!!!!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 08, 2007 08:29PM

life is not for suffering but for enjoying - follow your inner guidance
love
Cynthia

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 08, 2007 08:42PM

I love it! Yay for taylor. Yay for davidzanemason and everyone!

Date: February 08, 2007 09:18PM

thanks everyone .i walked yesterday and my heart was beating out of my chest. i just hink it is what Ian and alive said...it is the weight thing. stabilizing.later on it may be more fitting to do.thanks !everyone is very kind and supportive.hugs tayor

Date: February 08, 2007 09:19PM

No way are you a wimp!!! I think 3 days on a water fast is an enormous success!!! If you really feel like you need to stop then you should have no reservations to do so... there is plenty of time for other fasts and it is definitely not unheard of to ease into it all slowly. In fact it might be more healthy that way since it is not such a shock to your system.

All the best!

Lisa

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 08, 2007 09:44PM

Taylor 3 days is the standard length I do for a water fast. I find it pretty easy.... BUT the longest I have ever managed is 4 days so I think the tail off for a water fast for each person is pretty much a narrow period of time. Seems you and I can make it to the same level.

On the other hand, to maximise water fasting, I am just about to do it properly. This is what I am doing

3 days green juice
10 days MC
2 days liver flush
3 days water fast
2 day green juive
1 day fruits only

That is 21 days and I think a prolonged thing is best. I am now just finishing day 4 of the MC. Juice and MC is easy. Why don't you do that after the water fast? You don't need to be extreme and either do water or no fasting.

I am not enjoying the MC because the acid of the lemon is making my mouth very uncomfortable. I wear braces and I am getting mouth ulcers and stuff. I might replace the lemon mix tmw with a water fast and eat some lentil stew the day after to even things out.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 09, 2007 02:05AM

taylor,

You are not a wimp! You've done something that most people would never dream of. Doing a water fast on your own, unsupervised, 3 days is the maximum that is recommended for people.

The main healing aspect of water fasting is getting a lot of rest and sleep. During a water fast, the more time you spend lying down, the more your body will heal. What I've noticed from my water fasts is that even things like listening to music or watching a DVD are too stimulating for me. Even reading became too stimulating. What I did enjoy was spending time in nature though.

It it with complete physiological rest, rest that comes from not digesting, and spending a lot of time sleeping and resting, that the body is able to heal itself. During this time the body will clean out and digest toxins store in fat tissues throughout the body.

Also, it will take some time to recover if you start eating today after 3 days. Expect that the recovery time to be up to twice as long as the fast. So don't be in a hurry to eat a lot of food, just take your food consumption slowly. During the first few days, eating fruits and greens without a lot of fat will be the easiest to digest. Once you are feeling 100%, then consider eating the fats again.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 09, 2007 03:59AM

Taylor hey it's your water fast buddy!!!! you are not a wimp at all the two days you did is awesome!!! i am very proud of you..because i am doing it with you i know it is hard and i am struggling but i really want to do at least 10 days...like alive i am stubborn haha so i need to finish it to 10 days!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 09, 2007 12:24PM

thanks sachelle.actually it was 2 days and into the third day. i wrote everyone first and let them know and then got responses to see if i was a whimpy gal and then when i decided it was truly not for me at this time.I had a half a handfull of grapes.they were so so good.i have been having control of my appetite since oct.being on 1000 calories or less a day.so for me it was a matter of feeling too much deprivation.i need at least a carrot to gnaw on here and there.spiritually,i found out how much i could not depend upon myself but on gods power to get me thru. i was amazed at the thought of people doing this for 10 days or 14 or 40.heck! i did not know my hair would fall out.anyway-i found out how hungry i could be and it did make me think of how blessed we are in america to have so many choices of foods to choose from...and how other countries starve.wow-it was very hard.i had to cook food for hubby and see my daughter scarf down fast food and commericals. i thought i was in a walking nitemare.hugs taylor

Date: February 09, 2007 12:41PM

^Why don't you do a carrot gnawing 'fast'?! Lol. But yes, fasting makes you humble about food which is a necessary thing to be. It is not something to take for granted. My hair falls too on a water fast. It is terrifying.

Date: February 09, 2007 01:32PM

i sure don't need that as i don't have much to loose.taylor

Date: February 09, 2007 08:27PM

Same! Everyone thinks I have thick hair because it is coarse but my hairdresser and I know better. If I lose even a bit, it starts showing on my scalp. Not a good look premature baldness I tell you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables