Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water fast= new connection to spirtual self!!!!
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 09, 2007 04:10AM

Well everyone as most of you know Taylor and i have been doing a water fast...i am so proud she made it 2 whole days that is awesome!!! I am content on going for 10 days...i am a little stubborn smiling smiley and think i have to finish what i have started...today was easier then the first 2 days...so i had heard...this was a relief to me......Anyways..i wanted everyone's opinion on this but i have had a new outlook on things and an awakening....I am new to raw and had only been doing it for 2 weeks before i started the fast....but i have realized that all of us are always having some sort of craving (well a lot of us don't want to speak for everyone) for cooked foods...but when you go to a water fast and you are not eating anything you suddenly lose your cravings for cooked unhealthy foods...you hunger for raw veggies and raw fruits it is amazing what this healing is doing for not only my physical being but my spiritual and emotional being...i am sure many of you have realized this on fasts too but i would love to hear from some people and their experiences!!!
Thank you and wish me luck on my next week of fasting!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water fast= new connection to spirtual self!!!!
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 09, 2007 04:19AM

sachelle,

I am excited that you are having this exploration of water fasting. I have done a 10 day and a 12 day water fast, and I loved how quiet my mind became on those fasts. However, I need to ask you, have you done your homework on water fasting? There are a lot of things that can arise on a water fast, and the refeeding process, if done incorrectly, can be quite dangerous and even deadly.

In general, it is safe to embark on a 3 day water fast without supervision. But longer than that, certain nutritional deficiencies can show up, which could lead to problems. Again, if you've done your homework, read about these problems, and are prepared to deal with them, then great, have a wonderful fast. But if you are entering into an unknown without any idea of some of the things that could go wrong, perhaps a shorter fast (and I am assuming this is your first fast) might be more appropriate (????).

There are people who will supervise your fast over the telephone (exchange required), who have a lot of experience doing this. If you are interested, send me a private message.

Date: February 09, 2007 04:25AM

Hey Bryan

Could you recommend a link or two that has information concerning the "refeeding process" after a water fast etc? I would love to read more about it and you always seem to have such great links.

<3

Lisa

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 09, 2007 04:53AM

Here is one from Rawfoodexplained.

Here is an entire online book about fasting called "The Hygienic System, Vol 3, Fasting and Sunbathing".

Date: February 09, 2007 06:49AM

HI Bryan...well thank you very much for the concern....i have fasted before this isn't my first fast it is my first water fast for longer then a day or 2....i have read a lot on the subject and have almost every book out there......i attended ohi in lemon grove san diego and they had fasting done there as well....i am aware of the things that may happen and i am aware of the refeeding process as well...i am planning on going to juice after water and then slowly incorporate a fruit or two until my body is able to handle more....so i think that i am on the right track...if you think of anything though i am more then willing to hear your thoughts...like a water fast to juice then to a mono fruit and so on....
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: February 09, 2007 07:19AM

that sounds like something that would crank up inspiration, something I should do!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 09, 2007 08:42AM

Hey flex4life...yeah it has really been a help so far....I had a rough time at first going raw..but this water fast is really helping me get things together haha...good luck if you decide on a fast of any kind and keep me updated on it!!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 09, 2007 12:13PM

good luck sachelle. i got thru 2 days and into some of the third.i have to give all of u credit-it was not for me at this time.hugs taylor

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 11, 2007 12:27AM

I did a 14 day water fast on a camping trip this past summer-- wanted to go to 21 but had to quit in order to go home comfortably. It was so awesome. Water fasting can get you in touch with your inner being in a beautiful way, and when you're done fasting, you really know precisely what raw foods you want to eat and you have control. I look forward to doing another water fast when the weather is warmer.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables