Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Yeast on Skin
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: February 10, 2007 06:36PM

Yes. So I am back from my fast and went to a dermatologist due to a rash on my chest and back that was prolific and resembled acne - And threatened to scar. He diagnosed it as skin yeast - Which doesn't suprise me given my 11 year history of candida - My body was cleansing. But I do want to get rid of it due to concerns of scarring and my upcoming participation in a dance video. He prescribed topical yeast creams and steroids - Not natural. Does anyone here have alternative and safer ideas as to how I can treat this so it heals?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yeast on Skin
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 10, 2007 07:47PM

I wonder if aloe vera would help. Maybe a sauna could expedite the process (?)

Sounds like the doctor wants to eliminate the symptoms, but if your body is healing you need to decide if this is something that it needs to be allowed to do. Halting the symptoms could also halt the healing, but you know your own body best.

If the doctor says these creams will clear it up quickly, he is probably right.

What does your intuition tell you?

Date: February 10, 2007 08:04PM

Intuition is overwhelmed by vanity right now. The dance video I am shooting is highly exposed - And I cannot have all of this gunk all over my back and chest....Intuition says let it work itself out. Vanity says kill it with the cream or whatever it takes!

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: February 10, 2007 10:34PM

Might I suggest you try the urine treatment I wrote about in a different post? You have just fasted so your urine should be pretty clean. Wet some cloths in your own urine and put it on the affected places at night before you go to sleep. Wrap some plastic around it and maybe an old teeshirt to keep it in place and see if it helps. Good luck with the video, I understand about the vanity part but it would be such a shame to put some nasty cream on your newly cleaned up body.

Love,francis

Posted by: pdx kris ()
Date: February 11, 2007 01:03AM

Well, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar is very efficient at killing athlete's foot, and since yeast is also a fungus, perhaps generously swabbing the affected area with raw acv several times a day would expediate the healing?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 11, 2007 05:50PM

I had that as cooked food eater. It was prescription pills, bad food and wine that did it to me. Doctors sometimes called it fungus or ringworm. They said I caught it on the beach or in pools.

When I went raw it disappeared forever. I believe it was candida. I seemed to get it worse after anti biotics..I do not believe in the germ theory, I think the terrain of your body is everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2007 05:52PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 11, 2007 06:31PM

How about trying a liquild Vit B syrup..I have had great experiences with both my sons at different times using super B vitamims.

My first son got what is called flat warts on his face (all over his face) when he was about 3. The dr. said that he could removed them with something..I forget what..a liquid substance that freezes them..but they would probably come back and could leave scarring. I bought some Vit B syrup from the health food store and in one week they were all gone..you could see them just melting over that week.

My youngest son who is college age, got eczema on his tummy and back..I'm pretty sure from drinking too much, not the most healthy eating, and lack of sleep, so I got him a bunch of things, but the one thing he wanted more of is the Vit B tablets..and his eczema is almost completely gone. If he'd eat better, quit drinking, he'd probably not have any eczema.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 11, 2007 06:34PM

Perhaps everyone already knows this, but there is a problem with putting something on your skin and having a symptom disappear. When the symptom disappears after putting a topical cream or ointment on your skin, what has happened is that the symptom has been suppressed. The reason we have fungus, acne, rash, sores, cysts, boils or eruptions on the skin is because the body is removing toxins out of the body via the skin. Stopping this symptom without removing the cause of the toxins coming into the body just means the toxins stay in the body, and those toxins become cancer or something worse.

So for short term stopping the symptom might be OK. But long term, unless the cause of the disease is handled, this will just make things worse.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 11, 2007 07:31PM

Health foods carry an herbal product called Yeast Cleanse - its main ingredient is caprylic acid, which is a potent fungicide. (coconut also contains some caprylic acid) If your health food store is arranged like mine, there should be a whole section on yeast remedies that don't involve prescription ointments (which by the way I've read about and unlike other prescription medicines, I couldn't find much reason to consider the anti-fungals to be that bad - I know what you mean though - it would be a VERY LAST resort only).

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: February 12, 2007 04:51AM

Hi There,
Of course I can't offer any medical advice, but if I were you I would research finding a good source of probiotics. I like Primal Defense and Natren (non dairy). You might also want to research food combining, anything that eases digestion can also be good for ridding candida.

Best Wishes,
C

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Date: February 12, 2007 08:13AM

Such great suggestions. I did throw out the medications the doctor gave me. And, although I generally do not put anything on my body, I am using a lovely Sea Buckthorn body oil from Weleda - It just feels super nourishing and healing. Aside from that, cleaning up the diet and getting back to raw, and believing that in time it will heal. I will try some of the wonderful therapies suggested in this thread if things continue to be funky....The urine therapy is of special interest. I have experimented with it before in other forms and had tremendous results....

Thank you again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2007 08:27AM by dancerinthenight.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 13, 2007 05:49AM

yechchccyy

yekky topic..let's focus on the cure..good clean juices and food, real food..greens and fruits..

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 13, 2007 07:03AM

Sunshine 79's suggestion about the Yeast Cleanse herbal product sounds interesting. Sunshine, do you know what the ingredients are? Is it an internal cleanse or is it applied externally?

Dancerinthenight, for external application, you might try calendula gel or calendula cream from the health food store.

If your health food store has kukui nut oil, you might try that (applied externally).

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2007 07:12AM by suncloud.

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 14, 2007 02:03AM

Sunshine 79 stated about the fungicide caprylic acid "(coconut also contains some caprylic acid)" There have been reports of people putting straight Coconut Oil on yeast infections and having it clear up. I posted a comment on the Raw body odor forum about coconut oil as a natural deodorante and it has worked all day with no stink. Coconut oil is supposed to be a natural antibacerial, antiviral, antifungle.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 14, 2007 02:47AM

Suncloud, I actually do know what's in it, I still have the bottle from years ago when a doctor unconvincingly diagnosed an itch as "I think it's yeast. Here's a prescription. If that doesn't work, come back." I was like, yeah right.

But I thought it might be prudent get something at least, just in case it was yeast. So I went to the health food store, figured I'd try the natural route first. I picked up Yeast Cleanse by Solaray. It's an internal cleanse (capsules). Came in a big bottle & cost $27.OO. Contains caprylic acid, pau d'arco, grapefruit seed extract, and tea tree oil. And I must say, it worked quite well, the itch went away almost immediately. I was worried that I might've shelled out 30 bucks for nothing but it really did work, I would def recommend it.

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:26PM

I use coconut oil as deodorant with a drop of lemon essential oil. I have no complaintssmiling smiley

Cecilia

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: February 20, 2007 07:12AM

Yeast is a parasite. Use a parasite cleanse. grapefruit seed extract and tea tree oil are both ingredients in many parasite cleanses. Also Black Walnut, licorice root, cloves... you should be able to find one at a decent health food store.

KathyT

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables