Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Biological Terrain Test
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 11, 2007 07:59PM

My naturopath uses the Biological Terrain Assessment test as part of his evaluation. I was wondering if anyone else had ever had one. I believe this is used by a lot of practitioners, but each has their own preferences, so I don't think it is used by all naturopaths.

It's quite interesting, and he believes it can tell you:

• Level of acidity of the cells and fluids of the body

• Blood alkalinity as a compensation for tissue acidity

• Tendency of the blood to thicken and become sticky

• Ability of the kidneys to excrete acids and other waste products

• Ability of the cells to produce energy

• Free radical activity in the body

• Mineral deficiencies or excesses in the body

• Digestive enzyme deficiency or efficiency

• Sufficient anti-oxidants in the body

• Candida or dysbiosis

• Liver toxicity

• Lymphatic congestion

• Heavy metal toxicity

• Dehydration

• Immune system breakdown

• Tendency towards degenerative disease

There has been quite a bit of discussion about keeping the ph in the correct balance, but according to this test, there's more to the story. It also checks for free radical levels, and minerals, which can tell a lot about the state of one's health.

Here's an article: BTA

I'd really like to hear the thoughts of some of the other people here! What do you think, and have you ever tried this?

On my last test (a year ago), my biological age came up OLDER than my real age, hope to improve THAT!! sad smiley

Thanks!

Sapphire

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biological Terrain Test
Posted by: Dr Mom ()
Date: February 11, 2007 09:51PM

I use the BTA- now called the QFA. I find that it is helpful to see where my clients are. I do not tell my raw clients to take supplements to improve their numbers because I have seen that the bodies of 100% raw vegans actually slowly repair themselves.I do sometimes add digestive enzymes to help lower oxidative stress.

Date: February 12, 2007 12:13AM

Good information - one of the big problems on my previous tests was that I had so many fillings in my teeth I keep showing up for a lot of heavy metals. I have gotten rid of all but one now, so I hope to see an improvement, although I know I am going to get told to get that last one taken care of!

This will be my first time being tested since going raw - although I am trying to wait until sometime in March to book my appointment, because I want a few weeks of raw under my belt. Hope my naturopath is knowledgable about a raw food lifestyle and can advise me accordingly.

I would love to hear if you have ever had the experience of being able to predict and resolve health issues, and whether there were detectable changes in follow up visits.

Seems to me I was really high for adrenal stress, so hope that will be better this year. Are you a naturopathic physician? I see you are starting a thread in the diary section - looking forward to hearing about your experiences. There seems to be so much to learn!

In any case, welcome to the group. Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sapphire

Posted by: Dr Mom ()
Date: February 12, 2007 11:13AM

Metals store in the body in the brain, kidneys, liver etc. Sometimes, on raw food, the body will chelate itself, but if not, you may want to look into hydrated bentonite clay or some other type of chelation. Beware that the BTA/QFA machine can be used just to sell supplements. Feel free to email me your test results and I will give you my opinion.

I don't diagnose disease or future health problems simply because you can change your test results in 3 weeks. The body does not have any lasting problems that cannot be improved upon by giving it the proper nutrients. I identify stressors and attempt to take the stress of off those organs.

I also have adrenal exhaustion because of my lifestyle. I make sure to give myself lots of B vitamins and schizandria fruit to support it.

Yes, I'm a Naturopath.

Date: February 12, 2007 05:35PM

Thank you so much for your kind offer, that is so generous of you!

I am quite motivated to clean up my body - I am a breast cancer survivor, with six months of CEF chemotherapy under my belt (about four years ago), during which they had me taking massive doses of antibiotics (I had four school-age kids, so I guess they didn't want to take any chances on me catching anything), followed by several weeks of radiation treatments. I'm sure that all made me pretty toxic. (as if being the parent of four teenagers isn't toxic enough, LOL). I am now 45.

Since my medical doctors don't seem to have anything constructive to help me now that the treatments are over, I turned to my naturopath, and I am so grateful for all the help and advice he gives me. Interesting to me that he also recommended that I take some B vitamins, maybe it was because of the adrenal stuff, I can't remember if he mentioned his reasons.

They really do a number on you mentally when you go through something like this, I think that is probably the worst part. It goes something like this: 1: this was probably here for several years before it was discovered (3cm mass with insitu disease throughout the breast), 2:the lymph nodes were very involved, so there is a good possibility it has spread (at the time). So 3: you feel like you can never really relax - if it has spread, it could be years before you detect it. You never get to say "I'm all better now" because you never really know for sure! Very frustrating!

Oh ya, a couple of years ago I went and got a flu shot. Forgot to tell them not to do my bad arm, and within 24 hours I had full blown lymphedema. How stupid of me! My own fault, I should have known better. Anyhow, it seems to be pretty good when I stay raw, but can blow up at any time (left arm), and I do have a compression sleeve, though I rarely need it. I also plan to join the dragon boat team when it starts up here in a couple of months, so that should be good exercise for it. (I no longer do flu shots - not ever!)

I will post again after I get my next BTA/QFA test. Meanwhile, I wish you the very best on your raw journey - I hope this turns out to be a great experience for you.

Take care!
Sapphire

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables