Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Losing too much weight.
Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 13, 2007 05:56PM

I am very new to raw food eating but have been about 98% raw for about a month now and loving it! My only problem is that I seem to be losing too much weight. I love eating raw but don't know what to do. I keep a steady supply of nuts and seeds in my diet(the 2% unraw is the natural peanutbutter I eat). Somebody have advice for a newby?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Losing too much weight.
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: February 13, 2007 06:39PM

I've dropped alot of muscle as well, I have read and heard that the body is just adjusting the first few months, it will eventually find its healthy naturalbalance.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 13, 2007 10:13PM

Eating raw fats and protein isn't going to bulk you up except to make you fat. Anaerobic exercise is the key. Here is a post with an excellent article, and here is another post with weight gain links.

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: February 14, 2007 07:57AM

I lost "too much" in the beginning. I just kept eating what felt right (mostly juicy fruits) and gained about ten pounds. Now my weight has stabilized.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: February 14, 2007 08:52AM

Bryan says>Anaerobic exercise is the key

That's true. I find weight lifting helps tremendously. Do 2 or 3 body parts each day and press them to failure. I mean really take them to failure. That's what I do. This I find helps me to build more quickly than an all body workout where the individual muscles do not get as much pressure. Rest 1 day after completing the whole body then start again. Eat low fat,lots of fruits and veggies. Try to not go hungry. Eat often,just enough to be satisfied. Do not overeat. It's not going to help. Also, don't lose sight of the fact that when you first go raw your body goes into cleansing mode and building muscles is not an immediate priority for it. Be patient. Good luck.
Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables