Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Juliano
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 18, 2007 04:54AM

You know suncloud, in a way, that explanation makes an awful lot of sense. But looking at what grows, and in what seasons, it doesn't seem to add up. I remember considering this theory (eating watery fruits in warm weather and heavier fruits in colder weather) when I lived in Thailand. Eating durian in summer seemed inconsistent with this theory. Now that I live in South Korea, where it's much colder, tangerines are in season, in winter. Though the theory makes so much sense to me, it doesn't seem to hold up. These are the two examples - durian and tangerines - that come to mind right away. I'm sure there are others.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 18, 2007 06:15PM

Thanks so much funky rob-i thought it was new out cause it was new to me seeing it.you are exactly right.so is he saying this new stuff on his web site?is he coming out with a new cook book?thanks so much. i was wondering where pthers were getting this info that was not anything like the book i just bought.now we know.thanks so much.hugs taylor

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 18, 2007 10:54PM

Hi TroySantos,

Citrus is in season here too, and it's the coldest time of the year. I'm not really knowledgeable enough about macrobiotics to know how citrus in the winter would fit into the general theory of it, but it's worth noting that citrus doesn't grow at all in the colder climates.

Some say that citrus is an important winter food for prevention of winter cold and flu, so maybe there's an unknown (to me) balancing factor in citrus that fits it into the macrobiotic system of the tropical and subtropical winter climates.

For me, macrobiotics is more something to muse over, rather than something I've made any determined effort to try to follow. But I do find it interesting. I believe in it a little, and it seems generally to be true.

I don't know anything about durian. I have one durian tree, but no durians from it yet. I'm looking forward to trying my first fresh durian. The one frozen one I tried was terrible! smiling smiley

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 18, 2007 11:13PM

suncloud, you're not in the contiguous 48 states. Hawaii? Some tropical country? You have a durian tree!! What variety? How old is it? In Thailand, I was told it takes roughly 7 or 8 years from grafting before the tree will fruit. Zowie.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:34AM

there is a Durian tree in miami

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 19, 2007 02:04AM

Hi Troy Santos,

I'm in Hawaii. I have no idea what kind of durian it is. I hope it's a good kind. I can't remember exactly how old the tree is, but I think it's at least 5 or 6, so maybe pretty soon we'll get fruit? It's a little over 15 feet, and it looks really healthy. We have room to plant more if we like it. We're lucky there's a fruit tree nursery just down the road from us, and they have fruit tree varieties from all over.

Do you have an opinion on which durian variety(s) are the best?

Hi coconutcream,

I was surprised to see one of your previous posts with a picture of mamey sapote. Do those grow in Miami too? I like them a lot.

Do you like Durian?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables