Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

www.waisays.com
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 14, 2007 02:23PM

Here's a raw site that I've perused a bit. It's not a vegan, nor a vegetarian site, and they might be promoting a rather high fat diet, I'm not sure, but it's intersting just the same.

Since it's not vegan, I realize it might not be allowed on the board. If that's the case, fine.

dancerinthenight was looking for a website with a scientific bent. Though I haven't read that much of this site, what I did read had lots and lots of citations with references at the end. I'd say it's somewhere in the middle between real scientific language and real lay language.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: www.waisays.com
Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: February 14, 2007 02:45PM

That website is the first website which introduced me to raw foodism with all the scientific proofs that raw is good.

Anyway, I still find it interesting with the idea that methionine is the most limiting amino acid of all and that raw saturated fat is actually beneficial.

Also, the site in fact promotes consuming raw cholestrol to develop our brain and raw vegetables are bad due to the way our digestive system is designed. Non-water soluble fibers are said to be harmful, too.

All the best,
wong

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 02:51PM by blue_sky.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 14, 2007 03:21PM

What an odd site. Its says that complex carbohydrates are bad for you because human beings are not designed to digest them. Also it says that they cause your blood sugar level to go to high from what I understand which is off because I heard often that complex carbs are a low on the glycemic index. It also promotes drinking raw egg yolk and eating avocados in like every second article! LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 03:23PM by VeganLife.

Posted by: greenman ()
Date: February 14, 2007 03:22PM

Wow, thanks I encountered this website years ago and been trying to remember it for a while with no luck than gave up. I think it is the same one. Some good info on there.

No system has ever as yet existed which did not in some form involve the exploitation of some human beings for the advantage of others. John Dewey 1921.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 03:23PM by greenman.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 14, 2007 06:26PM

Just a FYI. Wai is actually a male Amsterdam waiter named Thijs Klompmaker. Here is an article off his website Amsterdam waiter surprises medical world with osteoporosis publication.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables