Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water fast experience
Posted by: greenman ()
Date: February 14, 2007 03:49PM

Start date Feb 12, and finish date Feb 14.

Day one: Felt no hunger or food cravings. Drank four liters of water, did some house cleaning and did some reading.

Day two: Waked up fresh, alert, full of energy and light. Felt a slight craving during the middle of the day, but went a way after some water. Went for a bike ride, a walk and had one small bowel movement. Drank about two liters of water.

Day three: Waked up very weak, no energy. It felt like I was going collapse and die. My eye were blurry, foggy and did not see clearly. My movement and walking were shaky. So I broke the fast and had some bananas. Felt better after the bananas. Had one bowel movement.

My stomach felt empty but had no desire for food yet after I ate those bananas I felt better like on day two of the fast.

Will fast again in a couple of days or weeks, this time a longer duration.

Tips:

1. Rest, relax, do little work and movement and take it easy during the fast. You need it more than you think.

2. Have food in the house, just in case you cannot continue because you feel too weak.

No system has ever as yet existed which did not in some form involve the exploitation of some human beings for the advantage of others. John Dewey 1921.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water fast experience
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 14, 2007 04:26PM

yep-that was me too-on my water fast. i was great the day one of it.day 2 -i went for my walking which is usually 5 to 7 miles daily and i felt so shaky and my heart was beating out of my chest(it felt like it anyway).day 3-i was feeling so horrid.i thought i did not wish to do anymore.then i ate a half a handfull of grapes and they were like nectar of the gods(whatever that means-i have no clue)/yep! greenman-good tips.taylor

Re: Water fast experience
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 14, 2007 07:15PM

The more rest and sleep you can get during a fast, the more healing you will get. Just be gentle on your return to food. When I do a fast, say for 3 days, I notice it takes another 3 days (or perhaps even double that) to feel at 100% again.

Remember that the healing is still going on after the fast, and the more rest you can get, the better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables