Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cookbook suggestions?
Posted by: sweterson ()
Date: February 14, 2007 07:01PM

Hi everybody. I am really disappointed in the raw food cookbooks I have seen so far. Most are complicated, use too many spices/herbs, etc. Any suggestions on good, plain, simple and well-combined recipes??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cookbook suggestions?
Date: February 14, 2007 07:16PM

I have to admit... I am a sucker for the more complicated recipes but this book is very scaled down and I think you'd really like it:

[www.amazon.com]

Jennifer Cornbleet's Raw Food Made Easy For 1 or 2 People

You can read the first few pages on amazons site!

Edited to add: Have you looked at the recipe section of this website? Lots of really great, simple recipes can be found there too

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 07:22PM by TheCoconutChronicles.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 14, 2007 07:21PM

For simple recipes, try "The High Energy Diet Recipe Guide" by Dr Graham or "Instant Raw Sensations" by Frederick Patenaude. There are some simple raw recipes on the Simple Raw Food Recipes forum.

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 15, 2007 03:15AM

i bought one i really like-it has some cooked foods for transitioning.It has alot of simple but god recipes. it is called DINING N THE RAW BY RITA ROMANO.alot of people back this book like the person who wrote "survival into the 21th century" and also Marilyn Diamond-co author of fit for life.it's 20 bucks and it has over 700 recipes.good luck.taylor

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:56PM

I was browsing Amazon.com and foung these books. I do not own any of them nor have I ever read them before. I was just looking through Amazon.com. Perhaps reading all the reviews at Amazon.com will help you decide if they are what you are looking for.

Raw Foods for Busy People: Simple and Machine-Free Recipes for Every Day by Jordan Maerin

RAW in Ten Minutes by Bryan Au

Date: February 15, 2007 07:21PM

I have tried some of the recipes from RAW in Ten Minutes by Bryan Au and I found every one of them to be completely inedible! I ended up having to through them away which is such a waste of ingredients!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: February 16, 2007 01:22PM

Raw In Ten Minutes... is not a fast book, it's poorly written and yes the food sucks! You have to change every single recipe.

HOWEVER, Eating Without Heating is really really good. It's got good recipes, even if they sound bad, and they are all pretty darn quick. CoconutChronicles.. you may like this book too.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 16, 2007 11:27PM

morrisson66 are you a raw cook? You mentioned in a previous thread that you were once a personal (non raw) cook.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables