Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just had surgery - any advice on healing?
Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: February 14, 2007 11:00PM

hey guys, last monday I had surgery (I won't go into details here! smiling smiley - i guess all surgery is major, but it's not classed as major surgery. However - I'm bandaged up now, with stitches.
My bruising is doing really well I think, although I'm purple, it's fading, and the pain is minimum, however yesterday my wound started to bleed and I don't know if this is a good thing.
Ideally the wound should be dry and warm, not wet.
I'm eating 95% raw, 5% being tahini and almond butter which i dont think are raw.
I guess I'm eating quite a bit of fat, lots of vegetables, and some fruit.
I'm also taking lots of supplements, Msm, vit c, zinc, green powder in my juices, bromelain, flax, spirulina, co enzyme q10.

I know that healing takes time, but I was just wondering if any one knew of particular foods that help to heal, especially to do with blood clotting and skin formation?
I'm practising deep breathing and I think being calm throught the whole thing has been the number 1 key in me feeling positive today.

Thank you for any advice!!

x

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just had surgery - any advice on healing?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 14, 2007 11:32PM

Getting more rest and sleep and not eating until the wound is healed is ideal. If you must eat, then eating as lightly as possible with no fat or as little fat as you can manage. The more calories you eat, the less energy is going towards healing that wound, and more energy is going towards digestion and elimination.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:57AM

I agree with Bryan. Lots of rest, positive and joyful pass-times, reasonable sunlight, fresh air, light fasting, and very gentle stretching and breathing. Read about uplifting and healthy topics. Get well soon!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 15, 2007 03:09AM

happy valentines day and get well soon.hugs taylor

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: February 15, 2007 01:12PM

thank you for the responses guys! I did a juice fast last weekend and might do it for a bit longer now.
I like your suggestions David - very nice : )

thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables