Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Avacado hating?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:00AM

Why the hating? Are avacado bad for you or something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Avacado hating?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:35AM

I don't think anyone hates avocados. In fact, they are probably the healthiest form of fat you could eat (except for perhaps an organic fresh durian!). It just that a lot of people who have been eating raw for a while don't need as many avocados as they used to. I remember a time I would eat at least 2 avocados a day. Nowdays, I eat 0 to 2 a week. While it worthwhile to make sure you are not eating a 60% fat diet, eating a whole avocado now and again is a great way to get your fat.

Posted by: Pyratekk ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:35AM

Personally I just don't like them. I know many people avoid them because they're high in fat.

~Christi~
Natural Living Info
AP/NL mama to Jacob 10/25/2006

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:37AM

Avocados are delicious, I usually eat one every day, more when I'm living in Spain and they are readily available!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: February 15, 2007 07:34AM

avocadoes are good.. but the hating is probably due to the fact that they have a high fat content

Posted by: Dr Mom ()
Date: February 15, 2007 12:24PM

I eat about 5 per week, but since going to fruits only until dinner with no fats, I am feeling so good that I'm going to cut back on my consumption. They are great spread on almond flax crackers.

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: February 15, 2007 01:51PM

smiling smiley..
"fat" IS NECESSARY for our body.. as it is for any living organism.

It's the amount that makes it improper for certain people, at certain time, WITH certain hidden diseases or conditions(like candida for ex.)

Above i have just said, that although we ALL, inside of our bodies react the same on chemical level, different ailments cause, or allow our body to SHOW it outside, what's happening INSIDE.(healthy people will feel better/different regardless of what they eat or do to their body or internal system)

let's not forget that it's the AMOUNT that decides whether something is HEALTHY or dangerous as to our current health, condition, and processes happening at out body at the MOMENT.

smiling smiley

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables