Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sciatica
Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: February 17, 2007 05:26AM

OK...

so I was diagnosed with sciatica in December... it's quite painful and they put me on a steroid to treat it last time. It's now inflaming AGAIN and becoming painful. Steroids are awful and I have no desire to do that to my immune system again. Basically what's happening is the sciatic nerve in my right leg is becoming inflamed. I go to the chiropractor now about once a month and get adjusted but the nerve is still getting a little worse.

I looked into it and can't really seem to find anything online as to what I should eat other than omega 3 and omega 6 for inflamation. Does anyone have any other suggestions other than those things and losing weight? Those things I just mentioned are a given.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sciatica
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 17, 2007 04:41PM

I also have sciatica, and I went to the chiro for a couple months for adjustments, and learned a couple things. The stretching exercises did more for me than anything, and they have this really cool styrafoam roll that you can massage your pain away. I planned on getting one for myself, you can buy them online (do a search).

My pain radiates from my lower back down my right side just above my knee, with one quarter size that is numb..and has been for years. Raw foods, losing weight, stretching, using the roll, going to the gym for swimming and jaccuzzi all works great. I wasn't able to sleep on my back for years, until I went on raw foods, lost weight and could start just walking for exercise. It was a miracle when I could start sleeping on my back.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: February 17, 2007 05:42PM

I had sciatic problems years ago and walking a lot did it fo me. Eventually it cleared up and it has never yet come back.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 17, 2007 05:46PM

A lot of pain and other problems comes from a misaligned atlas. I had severe hip, back and leg pain at different times in my life and spent a lot of time going to chiropractors. What works for me is a special kind of chiropractic adjustment called NUCCA (national upper cervical chiropractic association or [www.nucca.org]). There are only about 100-200 chiropractors worldwide who do this, it's not the standard chiropractic adjustment. It's a very gentle adjustment.

The first time I had it done, I had been suffering from bad ankle pain for several months. When I had the adjustment, it felt like warm oil had been poured down my spine - instant relaxation and softening. And the ankle pain was gone.

I usually hold my alignment for 6-12 months. I have less pain now in my body than I did when I was in my 20s.

If your atlas is out of alignment, it impinges on the CNS and will throw out the whole spine. You may feel it in different places, it can even cause high blood pressure. A key to know the atlas is misaligned is if one shoulder or hip is higher than the other, or if a leg or arm is shorter than the other.

Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: February 17, 2007 07:16PM

I think I could possibly have this,
although I don't have lower back pain my lower legs always twitch/tremble. When I had an MRI of my L-spine & C-spine my Doc never mentioned Sciatica but he did say the x-rays showed some inflammation in my L4 & L5 spine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables