Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How has your 'taste' changed?
Posted by: Stormyone66 ()
Date: February 17, 2007 10:31PM

I was wondering....do you find yourself liking things now that you did not like before? I totally dislike the flavor of raw tomatoes (yes, even fresh out of the garden), celery and avocado's. It's too bad as they LOOK so tasty. I'm hoping that as I continue down the raw path that I'll develop a taste for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How has your 'taste' changed?
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 17, 2007 11:40PM

well-lets see! I use to choose ice cream and anything over veggies and fruits.Then i had to change my ways and now i think what a horrid ingrate i was.Here God gives us millions of different beans and seeds and nuts and fruits and veggies and i would thumb my nose at them and choose ice cream and fast foods and meat-my faith says it is better to eat beans than kill animals.i don't know how i got so off track.now once i again i am looking at things like with more graditute.and amazement in all god has made us and given us a wide variety of foods to eat from with out harming creatures.thanks taylor(my girl cann't stand tomatoes and we would not notice she got sick everytime she ate them...she is still this way)not everyone likes durian fruit.and my grandsons mouth breaks out when he eats a banana.my daughter hates banana's cause yrs ago a friend turned to her with banana breath and it has made her not like banana's forever.good luck-taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 18, 2007 12:27AM

Hi there...welll when i first started raw 3 1/2 weeks ago i didn't like the fresh young coconuts i bought...i tried them and they weren't great...but now i bought some and i had them the past two days i love them...they are soo good!!! but i do find that my nose turns up at some lettuces and greens currently that i used to love....so yeah it is something that changes because your body is cleansing and ridding itself of toxins...so they come up and cause tastes that are different then the whole natural food normally tastes even when eating it in the same state RAW....so it just takes time and you will eventually find that you can eat things you used to dislike and you will dislike some things you enjoyed!!
good luck
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
oh and ps...yes most seem to love durian on this site...I can't taste it ever again...i felt like the smell radiated off of me and that it was stuck in my nose it was horrible...
smiling smiley but to each her/his own!!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 18, 2007 06:06AM

Even five years ago, I was not much of a fruit eater. But now: only one day without grapes and strawberries and I suffer. I start drooling at the thought, the thoughts become more pervasive, and I have to get some. I am currently having such pervasive thoughts about blueberries, which I have not had in several weeks.

A good apple can be a joy, too. I guess I didn't experience joy previously from most of my occasional fruits in the past, but I do now, for sure!

I didn't eat many nuts, either, but I don't get cravings for them, except maybe walnuts. And I used to loathe the taste of flax--I forced myself to eat it when I started, but now I have to have some with my fruit. This is a nono to the food combiners but I routinely do this.

I also have to have some type of citrus every day, no change, always loved it.

I always loved romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots, Italian parsley, no change there.

I am not crazy for kale, collards, and turnip greens, but I feel worse when I omit them. The only change here is that I used to cook them, now I eat them raw.

I don't get cravings for green or yellow bell peppers, but I do for the red ones. They are usually too expensive for me ($4/lb is typical) so I get them only when the price is good.

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:20AM

When I started I could eat nuts all day but now I don't want them nearly as often. I find myself craving fruits and veggies with a high water content. (Celery, oranges, grapes...)

I cannot eat raw summer squash! For some reason everytime I try to eat summer squash it tastes like it was marinated in a toilet! Weird. My boyfriend can eat it all day.

Posted by: Ariannah ()
Date: February 19, 2007 05:20PM

I no longer like the taste of guacamole! Who would have thought?
I used to dive into the good guacamole (my own recipe) and never feel like I had enough.

I made it for the family and took a tiny taste, and I didn't like it. The family said it was delicious as usual, so I guess it must be my own taste buds telling me differently now.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 20, 2007 03:23AM

Well, before I used to get all sorts of fruit & vegetable cravings so my life was ruled by having to trek all over to find whatever raw food I was craving- ASAP. But now, at almost a year raw, I'm sooo happy that pretty much whatever raw food I have around satisfies me. Every now & then I'll crave something specific, but for the most part my diet has become pretty easy. In fact I often forget that my diet is even different from other peoples' diets, because food has just become a non-issue. I like it that way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables