Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

TheCoconutChronicles
Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: February 18, 2007 03:15AM

I may be stopping in your fine country!

Where to stay on the beach with raw food/restaurant near by?

Thanks,

Arilraw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TheCoconutChronicles
Date: February 18, 2007 03:45AM

As far as I know there are no raw food restaurants in Jamaica. There are a number of cooked vegan (Ital is the word used) places that cater mainly to Rastafarian's that will likely be able to offer you raw salads. Every single Parish on the island has fruit and vegetable vendors on every single corner. Theres virtually no way you could go hungry.

As far as places to stay... the most concentration of tourists are in Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. My advice is to avoid these locations if you really want to see the "real" Jamaica.

I recommend St Elizabeth, specifically Treasure Beach (the agricultural "hub" of the country also known as the "breadbasket" of Jamaica) and Portland, specifically Port Antonio (known as the garden Parish, which has some of the most amazing foliage you'll ever see.) Both of those Parishes are coastal so getting to the beach is not an issue.

<3

Lisa

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2007 03:47AM by TheCoconutChronicles.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 18, 2007 11:47AM

TheCoconutChronicles, do you speak patois? Is it a hard language to learn? Are there slef-teaching books available?

I Reeeeeeeee!!! winking smiley

Date: February 18, 2007 03:33PM

I have an accent yes. :p

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables