Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Epilepsy and raw food
Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: February 18, 2007 10:41PM

Hi guys,

I have a friend who has epilepsy. She started eating raw a couple of months ago although she's not eating 100% raw. She is medicating quite heavily and feels withdrawal symptoms if she's even a little late in taking her medicine. She's hoping to be able to come of the medicine all together through adopting a raw diet but is not sure if this is possible and she's also not sure how to go about lowering her dose. There is no point in talking to her doctor, who's not at all supportive and I am not sure how to help her as I don't know much about epilepsy and the effect of food on it. Is there anyone on the forum with any experience of dealing with epilepsy or any more informed opinions than mine. I would really appreciate your input on this.

Thanks, francis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Epilepsy and raw food
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 18, 2007 11:48PM

It seems to me that most of the recent emphasis is on ketogenic diets. On raw this would mean a very heavy emphasis on nuts, seeds, and avocado.

I think the best you can do is to search on epilepsy and diet here
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

and if you find something you are interested in, find her a better physician, and discuss it with the new better one.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: February 19, 2007 02:56AM

There is an epilepsy/seizure forum on curezone that you may want to check out or post on as well.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 19, 2007 03:15AM

Story: [urlhttp://www.rawtimes.com/p-carol.html[/url]

another: [www.vegsource.com]

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2007 12:43PM

rawgosia

cool articles

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: February 20, 2007 11:55PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so very much for your help. I should have said this yesterday but I became so engrossed in all the information I found on the sites you guys provided, I stayed up far too late again reading on the internet. This is one of the problems I have with this site, I always end up going to bed too late smiling smiley
Anyway, I'll let you know if my friend's epilepsy symptoms improve.

Love, francis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables