Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cooked food nightmare. Please help!
Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 19, 2007 11:19PM

When I first transitioned to raw I had some trouble, but nothing I couldn't handle. I even stopped craving cooked food all together and felt great! Then came Saturday night.....

I was invited at the last minute to a retirement/cocktail party and had just enough time to change and get there. I was SO HUNGRY because I didn't have time to eat and figured there would be some fruit or something there. Everything they had was not just cooked, but had meat on it. EVERTHING! Even the dates I found had been wrapped in bacon and cooked. All they had to drink was wine or champain. They had ice water but it was from the tap and water around here is very chlorinated and I can't stand to drink it. I was so hungry so I gave in a started eating what they had and drinking the wine. I was fine for a while.

The next morning I couldn't get enough water to drink. The cold that I thought was over came back a little. I felt so sick and dehydrated! (Not hungover). I had some coconut water and just kept drinking water. That made me feel a little better but I was exhausted all day and went to bed at 8pm.

Today... I feel worse. If I eat something raw, I feel nauseated. If I eat something lightly cooked, I feel nauseated. If I don't eat and just drink water I feel like I'm going to pass out, and I'm so tired!

I feel sick and weak no matter what I do! Plus this headache won't go away. Please, Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cooked food nightmare. Please help!
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 19, 2007 11:51PM

I sure don't know KelBel...maybe u got your sickness back when u maybe were getting better and put too much bad stuff in your body and now u are sick again.or maybe u got something at the party.i have been raw since jan 1.of this yr. and today-wet and cold out and i craved a baked potato.i ate it and almost hurled.i have been sick all day now.so i hope u feel better soon.probably what u are doing-rest and fluids. i hope u feel better soon.hugs taylor

Date: February 19, 2007 11:58PM

Thanks Taylor. I'm definitly drinking fluids. Luckily I'm off work tomorrow so maybe I can take the time to just let my body heal.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: February 20, 2007 12:01AM

If you are so thirsty, it could be that the stuff you ate was really salted. Bacon usually is. On a side not,... dates wrapped in bacon? What the...! It does not strike me as two food items that would blend together.

Anyways, if the food you ate was also really oily/greasy maybe you are still trying to digest that! If you take supplements , maybe you should take some fiber supplement, or else I would just wait until I'd feel better. Grease is not the easiest thing to digest.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 20, 2007 04:14AM

I find that grapefruit cuts the grease well, when I don't feel right from some cooked food. Also zeolite is my #1 quick fix for cooked food.

Yeah I know that awful feeling of having to choose between cooked food vs hunger. And it's not like anyone can even understand your dilemma! try explaining that your stomach turns at the thought of anything that's not a fruit or vegetable... nobody knows what the hell you're talking about.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 20, 2007 05:25AM

I kinda think if you still feel like this tomorrow, it might be a good time to eat just fruit until you feel hungry again. That probably won't be too long. You might even feel a lot better by tomorrow.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 20, 2007 07:58AM

<<Bacon usually is. On a side not,... dates wrapped in bacon? What the...!>>

my thoughts exactly, VeganLife

so articulate, you

neat- 0 ! smiling smiley

what ..the!! is darn right!

what the heck are they doing wrapping a perfectly fine date with PORKY??

Date: February 20, 2007 02:00PM

Dear KellBell,how are u feeling today?? i pray u are better.let us know.hugs taylor

Posted by: thevoyager ()
Date: February 20, 2007 02:17PM

haha. i thought this was about actual nightmares. i have been having cooked food nightmares.

Date: February 20, 2007 03:41PM

I'm feeling much better today thankyou. I literally thought I was going to die last night though. My bloodpressure dropped really low and my temperature dropped. I almost blacked out. My boyfriend made me salt water and it actually helped. This morning I feel fine. Although I don't want to go near anything with fat in it. Not even raw nuts or avacodo.

Posted by: Ariannah ()
Date: February 20, 2007 05:23PM

hmm I posted something but it got deleted. Did I say something wrong?
If so, my apologies.

Date: February 20, 2007 06:11PM

Not that I know of.

Date: February 20, 2007 07:19PM

well-KellBell-i am so glad u are feeling better.hugs taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables