Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Who's more healthy........
Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: February 20, 2007 07:12PM

A tri-athlete (someone into riding like Tour De France or a marathon runner...etc.) who just eats a regular diet (SAD) or someone who's a rawfoodist (rawvegan) but doesn't move a bone when involving exercise?

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who's more healthy........
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 20, 2007 07:17PM

lol!i'll jump in here and say the sad one who exercises.i am so wrong about so much in this new learning experience.so at least i tried.hugs taylor(this will be fun although i am sure it is serious and good and interesting to know)

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 20, 2007 08:57PM

You need both, good food, good exercise, otherwise you get incomplete benefits.

Exercise (weight bearing especially) is particularly important as we age because we need it to fight sarcopenia (muscle wasting) and osteoporosis (bone wasting). What is the good of having a perfect diet if you are all hunched over and skinny fat due to lack of use of your muscles?

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: February 21, 2007 01:17AM

I would hypothesize that they could be equal... I guess we wouldn't know unless the two groups were tested.

BUT, I also think that when one is a triathlete, one eats pretty healthy; and likewise when one is a raw foodist and past the physically-weakening detox period, raw foodists tend to get moving and not live a sedentary lifestyle.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 21, 2007 01:41AM

I'll add that if a person is whole and is unable and/or unmotivated to exercise regularly and at least somewhat strenuously, it might be due to a SAD and toxic diet. On the other hand, it might also be due to a raw vegan deficient diet. I believe both are possible.

Of course there's lots of other reasons why people don't get enough exercise, like for instance just not really knowing how important it is, regardless of what a person eats.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 01:53AM by suncloud.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 21, 2007 04:15AM

seems to me that when one is cooked, exercise becomes an EXERCISE
painful... and not gonna do the trick of transforming blood to the way it oughta be anyhow

whereas when one is raw, there is no such thing as exercise
its just movement.. play... breathing.. fun

stay away from the habit of pitting an OR
this OR that

that is the way the world would have us think
truth of the matter is:

u can have it all

if u really want it

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 21, 2007 04:24AM

So true.

My usually fit husband after having some cooked food, got all puffed and huffed and couldn't do his usual butterflies at a swimming centre.

Myself, after being sedentary for several months, I finally went back on my bike, and commute to uni, at the moment 3 times a week, about 1 hour each way, 6 hours total per week. And, insanely, I love it! My body feels like a super-power engine. But give me cooked, and I get all floppy.

My kids love to jum on the backyard trampoline. Odys commutes on a bike to school. Julia is a little dynamite.

Raw power is not just a slogan.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 21, 2007 05:20AM

Gosia please adopt me! I have always wanted a backyard trampoline! How fun lo!!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Date: February 21, 2007 05:44AM

Ha ha, sure, you look like a nice kid! If you ever visit Tasmania, come for a jump! I like to jump to see the views around. I hope that one day we will build upstairs extension to our house. In the meantime, trampoline it is.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 21, 2007 11:44AM

so Dear rawdev-what is the answer and why?very curious granny of seven.taylor

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 21, 2007 01:16PM

the answer is :
u get what u wanna get
if really want it ( hee hee)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 21, 2007 04:35PM

My experience:

-Of course, why choose between sight and hearing!? Ha! ha! Those are both necessary! So balance is needed. But I sympathize with your question.

-My experience is that a person CAN be more fit and healthy while eating poor foods.......but in the end.....a person with a firm commitment to eat well will be healthier in the long-run. One just CAN'T keep putting in inferior fuel and expecting the car to run well in the long run.......even with superior maintenance. What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

Date: February 21, 2007 07:03PM

well-i am always not right-lol...but i think being totally raw or raw is not the only answer to better health.I mean it is a way.but if a sad diet person...did not eat fast foods but salads from fast food places and they drank bottled juice with no sugar and whole grain breads and did not partake of alot of fats and meats-even if some stuff was cooked.i think they could still be healthy.if someone was in the tour de france...i am sure they would know something about nutrition.i am sure they would know that their bodies did need good nutriton.exercise is pretty important.so i don't really know the answer.taylor

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: February 21, 2007 07:12PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
One just CAN'T keep putting in inferior fuel and expecting
> the car to run well in the long run.......even
> with superior maintenance. What do you think?
>
> -David Z. Mason

I agree 100% That is so true.

Date: February 21, 2007 11:24PM

Well, if I was subjected to one of two kinds of torture, with an option of chosing which one, the first being eating cooked foods only and the second not being able to exercise, I think I'd pick the latter one, because I would find it unbearable to stand the first one. The second one sounds pretty cruel too. Oh dear.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 11:24PM by rawgosia.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables