Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

master cleanse and fasting
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 22, 2007 02:58AM

what have been your experiences?

I am on day 4 of the master cleanse right now. I have done everything sept for the swf. Maybe tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. I guess it's hard to let go. winking smiley

i'm just curious about people's experiences w fasting and the master cleanse.

the mc boards take forever to respond to a post, so I decided to post here since this is actually where i first heard about the mc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: master cleanse and fasting
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 22, 2007 06:34AM

well, i haven't done a master cleanse
only because i always got confused when they talked about maple syrup
because there was so much controvers around whether it was raw or not
or just sugar etc etc
so i decided to always go with green juice instead and if i want to spice it up
put an apple or something

maybe other people have better answers
they would know better than me

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: February 23, 2007 02:21AM

Jen, Be patient. The rewards will be worth it. I did it 3 times. you are right, it is hard to let go of the fear of the change in routine. So many people I have talked to, given the info to on the Cleanse, just can't do it. So give yourself credit. It gets easier each time. Exercise, do your work, and you will feel new energy. Follow the guidelines, they are important, esp., when you complete the fast. GOOD LUCK, JANICE

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:03AM

I love the MC. I've done 3 long ones.. 35-45 days each and 2 short ones.

You have to do the SWF though... If you start getting headaches or cravings it's because you're not getting rid of the waste/toxins.

I have no problem with the maple syrup not being raw.. Hey if it wasn't for the mc and maple, I wouldn't have even gotten to raw. The fast makes it really easy to eat healthy afterwards because it gets rid of all mental and physical cravings for cooked. I know people on the mc board were trying to replace it with Agave and didn't have as good as results with the fast.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 23, 2007 06:05AM

I did the MC a couple of times - the first time for 14 days, the second time for 24 days. I thought it was very interesting.

Around the 5 or 6 day, I became obsessed with cooking (my family isn't raw, only me) - I couldn't get enough of the wonderful smells of cookies baking, breads, lots of elaborate recipes I would never normally bother with. The family thought they were in heaven, LOL! I was never tempted to eat any of it, just really enjoyed all those nice smells.

What I thought was hilareous the last time I did it, was that it wasn't until the 19th day of my fast that anyone noticed that I hadn't been eating. In fact, the only reason my husband found out was because he read an email I had sent to my sister!! (I guess with so much food around, nobody really noticed anything!)

I think for me one of the most surprising aspects of the whole experience was just how acute my sense of smell became. One day, I found myself in the waiting room at my doctor's office. It was scary, but I could smell a peculiar smell from some of the people who were very ill (at least, that's what I think it was). I never knew you could smell bad health like that before. Strange!

Much as I enjoyed the experience, I don't know if I would do it again. I think I might try a green juice cleanse one of these days though.

Good luck!
Sapphire

Posted by: lisa_pe ()
Date: February 23, 2007 02:11PM

I also have done the master cleanse twice for 10 days each. I really like the experience also. At some point I would like to do it for longer. I on the other hand hate having to cook for my family while doing the cleanse. I just want to stay as far away from the kitchen as possible! But my children need to eat!!
I agree that the swf is a very important part of the cleanse. It is not necessarily pleasant but it feels good to get rid of all the caked on stuff from your insides!
Let me know if you have any other questions,
Lisa

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:25PM

I've only done it once for 10 days and am gearing up to do it again next month.

You definately got to do the swf. Just leave plenty of time if going to work - maybe get up earlier. Otherwise, you are causing a lot of toxins to be released into your system, but not getting rid of them.

I remember having two bad days out of the 10, where I was wimpy, cranky, cold, etc. I found that reading everything on the MC boards was EXTREMELY helpful. It made me stronger to read about others having icky days - at pretty predictable intervals (day 3 or day 7), etc. Knowledge is power - read all you can!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Date: February 23, 2007 05:11PM

okay now i'm on day six. i'm really glad u guys replied because i was feeling like breaking my fast. i did the swf yesterday for the first time. i woke up too late to do it today. actually i woke up early enough but i went back to sleep cuz the swf didn't sound too appealing. =) I feel kind of dizzy right now, and i think I probably should have done it. I can't do it anymore though I lost my chance.

should i go for longer if i am on day six and i haven't been doing the swf? I have been getting rid of a little bit every day still. the book says to um make sure u go at least twice a day and that has happened except for one day like day three i think.

I think I'll do the swf tomorrow and the next day. probably won't be able to do it monday, and tuesday is my last day.

the mc boards never reply. i'm still waiting for replies for things that I already figured out myself i posted like two days ago. finally they will reply when i'm done w my fast and it doesn't matter anymore. =)

is there any one who will talk to me about it via pm or messinger? i'd like some guidance and support.

thank u.

Posted by: quietgrrrl ()
Date: February 23, 2007 09:15PM

I admit to being a little warped, but I thought the swf was awesome. It really cleans you out. I just wish my toilet seat was more comfortable.

Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: February 23, 2007 10:24PM

Jen, Just to add,
I have read about people who have done special cleanses that you buy, and they have weird "parasites" come out of there stool that they can see with the naked eye. I t makes me suspect that they put something in it to make that happen , so people think it is really doing something. I like Master Cleanse cause it's natural. The SWF did not bother me, but I did not use it the 1st time. I had better results every other day w/it. Jan

Date: February 23, 2007 11:19PM

okay i am definitely going to do the swf tomorrow cuz i feel like crap today, and i felt amazingly spectacular yesterday especially for not eating for five days. =)

Date: April 01, 2007 01:41PM

This is the first day of my second cleanse. I checked my book and went over my actions carefully, and I'm pretty sure I prepared to SWF correctly (2 tsps celtic sea salt in 1 qt water.) For some reason, it doesn't taste anywhere near as salty as I remember it tasting.

I hope this doesn't effect the results.

Date: April 01, 2007 06:05PM

Nothing. Nada. In fact, the laxative tea and SWF seemed to have the exact opposite effect they were supposed to. WTH?

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: April 01, 2007 09:02PM

I seem to remember that happening to me on the first day. I wouldn't worry about it, just be sure to do the swf tomorrow morning and keep doing it everyday. And I was feeling somewhat constipated the first day, also. Not eating food must have kept my body from being stimulated.

Don't worry - just keep doing it EXACTLY according to directions and you'll get the great results of increased health and wellbeing!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: April 02, 2007 01:21AM

water fasting is far superior
but more difficult

and juice fasting is much healthier

it's worth doing research

but don't mind me

TMC is much more dramatic

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2007 05:11AM

i am on day 8 now and it is what got me interested in eating a raw diet. the only issue i am having is not a lot of BM and my weight has stayed the same. i wanted to eat tonight, and i ended up using too much maple syrup instead, i don't know if that is bad, but i don't want to get into the habit of wanting to drink the maple syrup straight, i know gross, but it tastes so good. lol

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 15, 2007 03:24PM

I think doing almost any type of fast is awesome and will make you a lot healthier.

That said, I've tried the MasterCleanse and it's not something that works all that well for me. I get hungry, I feel a little spacey, and my mouth doesn't feel clean with the lemon and syrup. I know a lot of people have had fantastic results with the MC, but I seem to do better on a carrot juice fast, or with diluted organic orange juice, or even a water fast if I'm in the right environment where I can rest.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables