Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

orange
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 22, 2007 11:13PM

today,my daughter and i were in the bathroom at a store and washing our hands and i looked in the mirror and i compared her skin and mine.mine is usually her color by this time of yr.pale white.no! i said is my skin this color?she said Mom-u have had too much carrot juice.she told me i look like Kramer when he got to tanned at the tanning booth.so i look orange guys!! can this hurt me??? thanks taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: orange
Posted by: No5 ()
Date: February 22, 2007 11:44PM

No worries. It's a benign condition...

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 23, 2007 02:32AM

LOL. LOL. LOL. I'm sorry but my daughter and I think that is so funny.

Date: February 23, 2007 02:49AM

well i sure do agree! snicker!! hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:03PM

Taylor, this is what I got when I clicked your link: 404 - Not Found. Is it a picture of you with orange skin?!

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: February 24, 2007 03:51AM

no-those are pictures of when i was fatter.when i was not orange.taylor

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 24, 2007 09:19AM

hey taylor your link isn't working...i think that is what he means...when you click on it it says not found...something is missing or not working right!! smiling smiley oh and btw i don't remember you mentioning the orange in the diary so i am glad i found it here haha...that is cute....i don't eat any carrots or drink the juice but that is funny!!
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: February 24, 2007 12:14PM

thanks sachelle.i did not report it in my journal cause i did not know i had an orange cast.i reported the day i found out and in the first forum.the other day i also thought i could see way better cause i had been juicing so many carrots.i was amazed...then i realized my car window was just down and i was not looking thru murky car windows.yeah! back to the drawing board on posting...i don't know why that link or image thingy comes up when i post.sort of weird.i have been juicing carrots(i bought a 20 lb. bag)and eating them and using the pulp in things.my daughter said i look healthy.but a cast of orange.hugs taylor(and this is not me with orange skin.lol)

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 25, 2007 09:21PM

lol! Poor Taylor!
Don't worry. Large quantities of carrots can cause your skin to become orange but its nothing that will hurt you. Cut back on your carrots some and your skin should return to it's normal hue in a few weeks.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 25, 2007 10:08PM

wow taylor that pic is sooo cute of the boys and you!! you look like you are intently looking at something online haha...well glad to know you are doing so well with your carrots...i love them but i gave them up because i read so many raw fooders don't eat them since they are a root veggie...do you know anything about it??/ i don't know i am scared to eat most things anymore between every book i have read and someone saying to give this or that up...so now i am down to very few things...i don't know what to do haha..but anyway posting pis is so confusing to me too haha....good luck with your carrot color...hey at least you are glowing haha...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 25, 2007 10:56PM

Hey T

How do you post pics?

Date: February 26, 2007 04:11AM

well-i think i went to the control area and clicked the signature box.then i have this photo lava site where i can put my pictures and then i copy the img.and paste it onto the post message.i think this is what happened.hugs taylor

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 26, 2007 05:45AM

I love your pictures Taylor!

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: February 26, 2007 12:04PM

Hi Taylor,

When my (ex)boyfriend and I first went raw we dranks loads and loads of carrot juice and his skin turned orange as well. The explanation I found for this is that the liver can't handle the toxins which the body is getting rid of so the skin is also used as an organ of elimination. I read it's nothing to worry about, you'll just look a bit odd for a while. I live in Holland and our national colour is orange so we thought it was funny when my Czech boyfriend turned orange.

Love, francis

Date: February 26, 2007 12:11PM

Dear FRannie,how cute.well thanks for the explaination.yes! i got this huge bag of carrots and i am basically the only one juicing them.so i did not want them to go to waste.so i was using them in everything.today i am making a carrot bread from rainbow green-live foods book...to get rid of pulp.in holland,is everyone orange cause they try to be healthy and juice?or is there another reason?thanks Frannie...taylor

Date: February 26, 2007 01:04PM

LOL Taylor, that would be a nice explanation for our national colour. Unfortunately Holland is a country of Kaaskoppen, meaning Cheeseheads, the Dutch love their dairy and their bread. Us rawies are the tiniest of minorities. Most people here don't even know we exist unlike in your country.

Orange is the name of our Royal Family who originally came from the county of Oranje Nassau, somwhere in Germany.

Good luck with your carrots, as far as I know there is no reason to stop using them even if you're turning orange for a while, eventually your body will slow down on the detoxing and your skin colour will return to normal and look lovelier than ever before smiling smiley

Love, francis

Date: February 26, 2007 02:16PM

thanks so much Frannie.very interesting.my granny was from Sweden.she came over at 5 yrs old on the ship to America...with her dad and mom and sister,mimi.MY grandma's mom died on the boat to America.my granny was 5 yrs old. when her dad got to America,he put both girls in an orphanage.Her sister died in there of t.b. my granny was so pretty...blonde and blue eyes and the best skin. she never got adopted and she thinks it is cause she was fat. they use tomake the kids line up and the persons wanting to adopt would look everyone over.she left the orphanage at 18.she never saw her dad again till she looked him up when she was 21.after that they never saw each other again.i always thought what a horrid story.but she said"well,my dad came to america and could not speak english and had no work and he did not want us to starve".it was for the best,i guess.her name was mildred hedvig anderson.even though not the same country...still an intersting story.hugs taylor

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 26, 2007 03:52PM

Great story. Sad though. What a way to start a life? We are both of Swedish ancesstry.

Kise'

Date: February 26, 2007 07:16PM

Wow Taylor, what a story. Thanks for sharing.

Love, francis

Date: February 26, 2007 08:33PM

Frannie-yours was a great story too.Dear pkd4fun.we have alot of similar backgrounds of our lives.hugs taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables