Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i've fallen and can't get up
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 22, 2007 11:30PM

hello to all. i have completely fallin off the raw diet. it has been so hard for me. i believe in it but it gets difficult, expensive, and a little lonely. by lonely i mean no one around me eats this way or understands it. i don't know what to do to keep myself in line. waaah. haha. it's rough trying to be healthy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i've fallen and can't get up
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 23, 2007 12:32AM

I hear you! LOL. It must be tough. Listen:

1) There are no raw food police. There is only a level that is right for YOU.
2) If you are very uncomfortable or have trouble reaching your goals.......STOP LISTENING TO YOUR BRAIN.....and for goodness sake....don't listen to some guru either. First determine the % of raw food that you ARE currently VERY comfortable with. Start from there....be HONEST about that....and set smaller goals....until you are achieving them...and feel very comfortable. The brain doesn't care about the size of success....only the regular feeling of being in control of your own life. A feeling you get from setting goals that YOU are prepared and MOTIVATED to work on....and that you can rest at the end of the day having accomplished some. That's all.

3) Don't expect people that are doing the wrong thing to understand YOU. They probably won't. If you are doing the right thing...it is up to you to understand them (but don't worry if you don't! Ha! ha!).

-Being healthy is only rough if you are holding yourself to some standard that is unrealistic for YOU. What do you think?

-Success and support,

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 23, 2007 02:50PM

David, you are the coolest! Tristani, I wish you all the luck in the world!

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: February 23, 2007 05:36PM

thank you david. i agree with you. i've been trying to go 100% raw from the start and i don't think that's the way to go now. i'm usually an "all or nothing" kind of person. i will stop listening to my brain (it only causes havoc anyway haha) and start listening to my body. it'll be a big challenge because my brain is very stubborn. i really appreciate your words of encouragement david. thank you. troy, thank you too.

Laura

Posted by: SlimLadyRunner ()
Date: February 23, 2007 09:52PM

you have to consider what is important to you. you need to ask yourself why you are pursuing this diet. i'm on the smae boat as you. i've fallen off the wagon like you say. as a result, i feel sluggish and gained 30 lbs. That's my reason for going back to the diet. you need to think why you want to pursue this diet. smiling smiley

Date: February 23, 2007 10:14PM

hi slimlady, i want to pursue this diet for all the health reason's possible. i'm sick of feeling like ----. i've always been very active and healthy but have been sucked into a hole of misery within myself when it comes to food. i want to of course lose weight but just my overall wellness. i'm sick of poisoning my body with the wrong foods that society has made too convenient. thank you. i would love to know how you are doing on your return to raw. keep me posted.

Laura

Posted by: SlimLadyRunner ()
Date: February 23, 2007 10:16PM

i support you tristani. ever since i've gained the 25lbs i have had a hard time running despite my user name.

Date: February 23, 2007 10:24PM

thank you slimlady, i just started excercisin regularly again. it feels great once you get there. it's just getting there that's difficult. well, i support you as well and feel that you can get back into running if that is what you want. i know it's hard to change your diet, start excercising, and be disciplined all at the same time. it's overwhelming and scary at times.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 24, 2007 01:27AM

I understand completely..so hard to get back on the raw food wagon once you've gone off..and you'd think we would be the ones that know the benefits of raw! I'm still trying to hitch a ride back on..it's hard.

Just keep plugging away..that's all I can say for now. If I find the secret I'll post it.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 24, 2007 03:12AM

I know I won't be successful if I don't allow myself to cheat, at least for now. I plan it and decide days before when and what. And if I decide to have a spontaneous cheat, I don't beat myself up over it. I allow it therefore it isn't really cheating. I hope that makes since. I also hope it helps. Good luck!!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: February 25, 2007 08:10AM

I've said it once and I'll say it again: David's the man!

Chew carefully!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 25, 2007 07:15PM

Heeyyyyyyyyyy tommmy no fair!!

i wazzz gonna say THAT!!

anyhoo

DAVES THE MAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
woooohoooooooooooo!

sheroooooo!!

Date: February 26, 2007 08:06PM

thanks everyone for your replies. i feel better knowing i'm not the only one having trouble with this way of eating. little by little i think i'll get it. like you've all said, i give myself room to cheat for now until i don't have to anymore. can't wait for that day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables