Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do You Practice QiGong or Tai Chi?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 23, 2007 01:01AM

I've been noticing a lot of positive changes since I started doing qigong and I'm convinced it's a perfect complement to the raw lifestyle and quest for longevity. When you look back through histories, it's the Taoists who seemed to master the art of living a long, healthy, fruitful life. Anyone else here into qigong?

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do You Practice QiGong or Tai Chi?
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 23, 2007 11:53AM

Dear Sharrhan-i have a tai chi dvd i got for 1$ at wal-mart and u know i have yet to open it and put it in but want to.i have been doing kickboxing.but me and hubby need to do something together that is easy on him as he has a bad hip.kickboxing would not be good for him.is tai chi hard to do?? i do not know what qigong is.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Date: February 24, 2007 05:05AM

Hi Taylor!
Listen, you're gonna LOVE qigong. It's like tai chi, escept it just uses the upper body, so your husband doesn't have to put any stress on his hip. (You stand with your knees slightly bent, feet shoulder-width apart.) I know of a couple wonderful free online videos that you can follow along-- it's quite easy and it really rejuvenates and strengthens you. I try to do one or the other of them every day, and it's made a big difference-- more than my workouts at the gym or walking. I'm not one who loses weight easily, but with qigong I suddenly started losing weight even though my raw diet hadn't changed. ;-)))))))))

Here's the first link:
[www.taichi18.com] (Click on 'free video' & follow instructions)

Here's the second one:
[www.falundafa.org]

Enjoy, beautiful one!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 24, 2007 05:50AM

ok-i am convinced to get out the wal mart dvd and get it going.i think it will be easy on my guy and i can sure benefit from some of this exercise.on days kickboxing in too much for me...i can do the tai chi.i have been interested for a veyr long time...but was moslty doing walking. alot of walking.thanks so much-kwan.i will let u know who it goes.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2007 01:46PM

Dear Sharrhan:
I've beeen doing tai chi and chigong for 5 years.At this point I can feel the chi moving thru my body. I practice tai chi 5-6 times a week in the morning for about an hour. I am blessed to live near a neighborhood with a large Asian population. Find any neighborhood with Asian people living in it, find a park and go there in the early morning. You will most definitely find people doing tai chi and chi gong. There is something very magical about doing the forms with 150 other people all at once. Keep it up; you will find that your life energy will continue to expand and deepen.
Moshe

Date: February 27, 2007 04:50AM

Hi Moshe,
Thanks for the inspiration. I've heard that there's a huge convocation of qigong practitioners at the Boston Common every Saturday-- gotta go sometime and check it out. I'm also blessed with a Chinese tai chi master and a Chinese qigong master who both live in my apartment building; the tai chi master lives on my floor and is a wonderful friend. They are elderly but radiate health, joy and youthfulness and are flexible and slim.

I haven't been doing qigong all that long, so I'm looking forward to many postive results as I incorporate more of it into my lifestyle.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables