Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

any health miracles out there?????
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 23, 2007 04:50AM

I know there are many health advantages to going raw, but is there anyone out there that has overcome any sort of disease, disorder, or illness. I personally have fibromyalgia and suffer from muscle pain and weakness that you would not believe. I am very interested in going completely raw as well as introducing it to my children, but haven't yet. Although i am little by little introducing more fruits and vegetables. I have one 4yr old and one turning 3 in april. By far i think the real challenge will be with the oldest. He will only eat certain foods,like peanut butter and cereal. He does enjoy fruit though, and trust me i think this was the only thing keeping him "regular" up until this point. I really need to do this for my health as well as theirs. I am 28 yrs. old and already on 3 different medications, 1 pill a day for my allergies, 1 pill a day for my blood pressure, and 2 pills a day to control my fast pulse rate! Not to mention the constant pain i am in with the fibromyalgia(i refuse to take pain medication). I want to be there for my children for a long time,and i also want to raise them in the healthiest way possible. I think if i could hear a few stories about how eating raw helped someone else with their disease or disorder, it could probably give that extra boost i need. Thank you in advance for any responses!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: any health miracles out there?????
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 23, 2007 11:47AM

Dear alexivanOO-welcome! well i think it is wonderful u are wanting to attack your diseases and work on them...and to be concerned about your little children.I at one point thought i had what u have"fibromyalgia." For about 2 yrs i was in horrid pain and bed ridden alot.my weight got heavier and heavier.all the dr.s could find was arthritis in my knees,neck and spine.but it was just crippling pains.i finally could not work anymore and we had to move from our 100 yr old histroic home of which i loved so dearly.(too many stairs)i was on lipitor and my b.p. was 150/100 and the dr. told me she was going to have to put me on diabetic medication.they also were very sure i had cancer.i needed a hysterectomy...and oh! everything was going down fast. so my dr. finally put me on a diet.no salt and no sugar...low fat.but i went vegetarian and then vegan...then in this new yr.went raw. i am ff all meds.except one.ihave lost 67 pounds since oct.18th of 2006.i am walking and doing the 10,000 step exercise program these days and doing kickboxing dvd's for exercise.trying to make my family more aware of being more raw.so as soon as i lost weight-my blood pressure went to normal.good luck and this is maybe a better way for better health.good luck tou and welcome.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:31PM

Alex, have you looked at the "Success Stories" on this forum? There are four. Five according to the list, but one is obviously only a success in that it got past the moderators!

Taylor, Yay-lor! Right on girl! Go Yay-lor Go!

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: February 23, 2007 03:45PM

taylor
please what is the 10.000 step exercise program?
thanks!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 23, 2007 05:16PM

alexivan

listen to kathy
she knows
she posted her story somewhere

kathy
tell alexivan where u posted ur story

Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: February 23, 2007 07:34PM

I just bumbed my story up so alexican can find it.

I have found great success so far... as far as I am concerned I've just begun my journey... 4 months raw, a lifetime to go... and I will be getting healthier every day.

One thing I didn't mention in my story... shortly before I went raw, I had found a lump in one breast. I have no medical insurance, so I didn't go to a doctor and I am not claiming cancer cure. What I will tell you for certain is that after a few months on raw foods, the lump had gone away. Miracle cure? I think so. Well, is it a miracle when the food you eat does exactly what God designed it to do? An everyday miracle for those who follow that path, IMO.

I know our bodies were designed to heal themselves. You get a cut, it scabs over, new skin grows and when the scab falls off, you have nice healthy skin again. Our bodes work that way... and we can heal most things ourselves... if we give our bodies the correct tools.

Nutrients.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. LOL

KathyT

Posted by: quietgrrrl ()
Date: February 23, 2007 09:13PM

I'm still transitioning to raw, but following a whole foods diet with an emphasis on more raw than I was eating before rid me of rheumatoid arthritis pain. RA is different from osteoarthritis; it's an auto-immune disorder. The pain was so bad and I was so disabled I thought my life was over. But I did a detox, which significantly relieved the pain, then tested for foods that triggered it. After staying away from wheat, potatoes, and processed foods, I feel better than I did before I got sick (I was vegan before, so the animal foods that normally trigger RA pain weren't included in the plan). The naturopath I consulted didn't push raw at first because most people won't even try, but when the diet was so successful that I pursued it myself, she said it would help my health even more.

Date: February 24, 2007 03:44AM

Dear Debbie,the 10,000 steps program is u build up to walk 10,000 steps a day.u increase a bit each week.u get a pedometer and it counts your steps.it is =to 5 miles a day of walking.if u don't do it everyday-it is sort of not good.i need to get back at it.i have been sort of off this week.we had alot of rain.good luck quietgrrrl-u are doing good. hugs taylor

Date: February 24, 2007 03:45AM

and thank u TroySantos-for the support.u are very kind.taylor

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 24, 2007 06:08AM

Hi, for a story about healing from fibromyalgia check out Audrey (rawhealing.com). My husband used to take anti-hayfever pills every year until he went raw. All the best!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 25, 2007 04:05AM

I hope you have your miracle. I know you will.

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: February 28, 2007 04:58PM

I was diagnosed clinically depressed and had been that way for years. I'm no longer depressed like I was. I still have down days, but they are nothing like they used to be. Plus I just get out and go for a walk, eat a papaya or read a book now. I also used to suffer from MASSIVE allergies. They are about 50% what they used to be. I has swollen ankles, a gout like condition in my left foot and I exhibited every type 2 diabetes symptom I've ever read about. They all went away.

I'm about 80% raw, and feel my allergies will disappear in totality in the coming years. I hope this helps.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 28, 2007 07:11PM

Here's a raw success story -- Helen of Tennessee and fibromyalgia:

[www.shazzie.com]

Posted by: rcone ()
Date: March 02, 2007 01:33PM

Hi AlexivanOO. I'm very new to this forum and lifestyle. I started 23 feb 07. I've lost 11.5 lbs, in five days my blood pressure went from a normal 155 or so over 96 to 116/68. I stopped 4 blood pressure meds. I also stopped nexium and one other. That's six in 5 days. My energy has gone from next to nothing to through the roof. I'm so new I don't even have many recipes for anything. I'm at about 80% raw and working on more. I got my info initially from www.drday.com. She had very advanced breast cancer. She totally cured herself as well as her 85 year old mother. Really incredible story. I'm convinced. I'm also totally committed. I was also diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. I could hardly get up at all much less hold a job. I can't tell you what this way of life means in just a short time. WOW! Have a great day.

Ron.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: March 02, 2007 01:44PM

There was another thread like this before. If you look for it, you may find some other stories of successes.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 04, 2007 01:54AM

Hi Ron!

Welcome to raw! So great to hear about your success... and I think you'll find this message board a happy place full of lots of raw experience, I found it very helpful myself while going through detox. Welcome again!

xo
Sunshine

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: March 04, 2007 06:17AM

Hello there,

I healed from fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, depression, panic attacks, hormone imbalance, chronic bladder inflammation and infections and a few other things including obesity!! My whole body was literally falling apart in my mid thirties. I call my recovery a miracle. :-) Stick with raw. You can't go wrong. Focus on fruits and tender greens, don't eat too much fat, get lots of rest and enjoy life.

Another great inspiritional of healing from fibromyalgia is Shelley's --www.dyingtogetwell.com

Congratulations on discovering raw!!

I wish you all the best!

Audrey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables