Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ready to give up
Posted by: SlimLadyRunner ()
Date: February 24, 2007 08:36PM

i've been trying to be raw for two months now but i always end up binging on the wrong foods. no wonder i'm fat!! I can eat all the fruits and vegetables but it does not satisfy me. the cravings persist. i was a successful fruitarian for three years so i know how great it feels. now that i've fallenn off the wagon, i can't seem to get back on. i am so depressed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ready to give up
Posted by: red_willow ()
Date: February 24, 2007 09:06PM

What kinds of food are you craving and succumbing to? I have dealt with the same issues. First of all, don't be depressed about it. The best part about being in your situation is that you get to start getting better and better. Everything you've put into your mouth that you feel bad about is water under the bridge. Stop thinking about it.

From here on out, you control what you eat and what you don't. Don't make anything off limits. Eat raw because you want to, not because you're a "raw foodist" and therefore must adhere to the laws of raw food. Personally, I don't have very much luck with forbidding myself foods. It just makes me want them even more. If I start to focus on that donut I don't want to eat, I'll probably eat that donut. And then beat myself up about it. And then eat another one, and beat myself up about that. It's a viscious cycle of self-blame.

Date: February 24, 2007 09:08PM

the prob is i crave the foods in the sad diet.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: February 24, 2007 10:35PM

Hi SlimLadyRunner,

I'm just going to ask the same question you just avoided answering.

****What kinds of food are you craving and succumbing to?****

There are a lot of SAD foods, but there a lot of raw foods as well.

Another thing to consider is WHY. What is the reason for the craving? Energy? Entertainment? Nutrition? Figuring this out can help you plan your meals to statisfy your desires.

Also, there is no reason you can't eat mostly raw with some of your favourite SAD foods.

Ian.

Date: February 24, 2007 10:43PM

all the junk food. breads, muffin, fast foods, etc.. it's so sad

Posted by: khale ()
Date: February 25, 2007 12:20AM

It's probably better to plan cooked meals than it is to yo-yo between 100% raw and SAD. Been there; done that. It's really, really hard on the digestive system...or was/is on mine. Plus, you can't discount the amount of energy guilt burns up.

Personally, it works best for me now to not indulge myself in SAD, but to allow myself one nicely and attentively prepared cooked meal a day. For me now it's low-fat vegan (inspired mostly by a request from my mother for a good diet to manage (although this may actually reverse it) her diabetes mellitus. My mother lives with me and the evening meal is something we prefer to share and so we eat beans, legumes, brown rice, soba noodles and etc, and lots of raw and lightly steamed or "stir-raw" veggies at dinner. I eat raw for breakfast and lunch and she alternates one cooked, one raw breakfast and one raw and one cooked lunch every other day.

I would love to accomplish a totally raw diet, but for now I am able to stabilize this way, while in my attempts to go 100% raw I was yo-yoing and doing a lot of "damage control"...not good. Balance is always best; equilibrium is mastery. or so they say.

Give yourself a break. Load up on raw fruits and vegetables. Then make a decision to incorporate healthy cooked foods where there seems to be a gap or hole that needs filling in your diet. Ease back into raw. Soba noodles are better for you than a biggie fry and a diet coke.

ya know what I mean?

khale

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: February 25, 2007 10:43PM

I find that having eliminated all junk foods and stocking up on raw snacks (my new fave is dried cherries or dates & almond butter. yum! ) And making frequent raw desserts (pies, puddings, cakes & ice cream) have eliminated all my cravings for junk foods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables