Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Last Meal on Death Row
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2007 11:20AM

I had my last meal on (Cooked) Death Row yesterday.
Today is my first day on Life Row.

I had been 95% raw for a year and a half ten years ago and lost 120 lbs. (though I needed to lose 150 lbs.) before I fell off the raw wagon. Have been off and on raw over the past ten years, at one point being 100% raw for 7 months. 100% raw is definitely easier. It eliminates temptation to an incredible degree, and this is the main reason I am now returning to 100% raw.

Last night I drank my own version of Firewater:
5 cups water
juice of 1 organic lemon
and about 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder

This morning I am starting the day with an apple and a banana. I know some raw foodists say banana is not good to eat, but I also know from experience that any produce eaten raw is so much better than eating cooked, processed and poison food and drink is SO much worse that I'm not worrying about it!

Another somewhat processed ingredient I will be using again is cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, because that helped me so much the first time I went raw and lost so much weight and felt so great. I would make a sort of dressing with olive oil, pressed garlic, lemon and salt and found that anytime I got hungry and didn't know what to eat I could add that dressing to just about anything and enjoy it, whether it was a shredded carrot or zucchini or whatever.

I will also use honey, as raw and unfiltered as possible.

I will also continue drinking green smoothies, which have been a major lifesaver for me for the past 7 months.

I live in a very remote area that is very cold and has literally no growing season and fresh produce here is incredibly expensive as well as limited.

One company I have had good experience with in the past is Sunorganic.com. The prices are pretty good as long as you order enough at one time. Could anyone tell me other good places to order things by mail that are good quality, organic, etc. and for the best prices?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Last Meal on Death Row
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 25, 2007 10:17PM

Hi 24 Carrots! Oh yes..you'd think we both knew better to stay on rawsmiling smiley I'm in same boat with you..and it's kinda leaky..hehehehe..I'm trying but it's not like the first time I went raw and lost 70 lbs.

It's harder giving up some cooked foods this time..not as hard about the junk foods though..at least I still know they will kill me if I keep eating junk..but just feeling full on a little daily cooked food seems so hard to give up this time.

We can do it though...we can manage this...

Love,
Prism

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: February 25, 2007 10:23PM

Hi there..congrats on coming back to the raw side haha...you should start a journal it has been a lifesaver technique for me too...i went raw about 4 1/2 weeks ago and i didn't start a journal/diary on this website until last week or so and it is great...i write in my feelings and exercise and food for the day and then our awesome little support raw club we have going with the 8 or so active journal people ocmment on your progress and give helpful hints and tips...our litle circle of people has become close ad it so comforting to know someone is there for you in your journey....that is awesome you lost all that weight and became so healthy congrat.s....were you able to keep the weight off after you went back to cooked???
well defintely welcome!! and think about the raw journal i hope to see you there..keep up the good work
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: AVOJAMACADA ()
Date: February 26, 2007 07:23PM

24 carrots= history in the making!!

Tis beena loooong time if it's who I think it is.

See you at the top!!

Michelle.....nice to see your face.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: February 26, 2007 11:10PM

I've followed your raw story for years. Can I offer a suggestion from someone who has had her ups and downs as many times as you have. Get yourself a copy of Doug Graham's book. It really does work. It makes it very easy and very fulfilling.

Nice to see you again.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 07, 2007 05:33AM

Hey Michelle,

I second the recommendation of the 80/10/10 diet. You have been resistant to it in the past, but the other raw diets have never really worked for you (if they were working, you would have never left them).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables