Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Free Blender - Not Vitamix?
Posted by: nik ()
Date: February 28, 2007 09:10AM

I've only heard about the Vitamix blender recommended from everyone I know, but I haven't been able to buy one. Does anyone have the new Blendtec blender? How is it compared to the vitamix? Is it worth buying over the vitamix if I don't win this?

I'm trying to win a free one at [gliving.tv] but I only have 1 day to get someone to sign up so I get entered in the drawing. I already wrote my family but I don't think any of them have, they don't care about this stuff. If you sign up please say you were referred by Nik! I really need this blender! I'm so sick of plain salads, smoothies and fruits and am getting pretty bored of my raw food selection.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free Blender - Not Vitamix?
Posted by: Pam ()
Date: February 28, 2007 10:58PM

Nik,

I have the KTec Total Blender by Blendtec. It's cheaper, quieter, and has a lower profile (shorter) than the Vitamix). I recommend it. However, if it wasn't for green smoothies, I'm not sure why I would need it. My regular blender (KitchenAid) was fine for fruit smoothies, soups and dressings. What will you use it for?

Pam

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: February 28, 2007 11:21PM

I have the K-Tec, too, and prefer it to the Vitamix. I use it for soups, dressings, smoothies, and nut milks (aahhhh!). With the Vitamix, you need to tamp down the food to the blades; the K-tec is so well designed that the food is sucked into the blades and you never have to tamp it down. I love mine.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2007 08:43PM

I have also used both of them. I actually prefer the vitamix. The ktec has fancier digital controls. I guess I just prefer the manual controls of the vitamix. I do have the Ktec for sale if interested. It is practically new. I have some pics on my blogger site (see below). Feel free to post here or on the blogger site.

[smcdanie.blogspot.com]

[smcdanie.blogspot.com]

It's heavy; so I don't know how much shipping is. I am here in Tennessee.

Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables