Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gas Problems. Is this a side effect of raw?
Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: February 28, 2007 04:49PM

My boyfriend and I have both had more gas since we started eating more raw. This is a problem because I am an esthetician and work one on one in a small room with people. Nowhere to hide!
Anyway, is this just our systems clearing out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gas Problems. Is this a side effect of raw?
Posted by: greenpeach ()
Date: February 28, 2007 07:27PM

It could be, but not necessarily. You say "more raw", so you are still eating cooked? This can cause fermentation problems, and combination problems. You have to be careful what raw you are eating, when, and what non-raw it is "mixing" with in your GI tract. You may want to get digestive enzyme vegcaps (say, from HealthForce) to have with non-raw meals or snacks that you are eating.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 01, 2007 03:45AM

But yeah, it could be a result of your raw food diet. Do you practice food combining? Do you eat fruit as a dessert after a big meal? Do you overeat?

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: jojiarun ()
Date: March 01, 2007 03:46PM

I bought a book by Natalia Rose called The Raw food and Detox Diet. It talkes about categorizing foods and not crossing categories due to the fact that food will get backed up in your system, ferment, and couse some less than desirable results. This book offers a great way to ease into the program, and offers recipes, transition foods and tips on how to stay with it. . I dont know how everyone else feels about this book, but I find it useful...hey, every little bit helps!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 01, 2007 04:23PM

Green juice, reduce food, exercise

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: March 01, 2007 05:45PM

I got that problem even 100% raw and proper food combining.
A true lifesaver and amazing solution for me are enzymes. I get the less costly ones from wholefoods (wholefoods brand "wholezyme"winking smiley, which are capsules containing an enzyme blend. This in combination with probiotic capsules (~$10, same as the enzymes) have helped me a great deal, I know how it is at work! My bloating was often so painful I didn't know what to do. It doesn't "cure" the problem completely but I swear it got better.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 07, 2007 05:13AM

KelBel,

Try practicing proper food combining. If that doesn't handle it, try mono eating.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2007 05:52PM

I have heard that microorganisms on raw veggies cause parasites in th GI and resulting bloating, etc. Any thoughts please

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: March 08, 2007 07:47PM

hello kelbel, I found for myself that no amount of food combining or anything else would work for that gaz problem. Until I tried the 80-10-10 diet... It was THE answer !!!
The difference is amazing...
Cynthia

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 09, 2007 03:31AM

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to look into the food combining and it makes sense. I'm going to read a little more on it but it has actually helped a little.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 09, 2007 09:42PM

I find I still get gas sometimes even eating all raw if I eat meals too close together, eat too much, or eat stuff that's too dense. And it goes without saying that bad combinations will cause gas. Hope this helps.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables