Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

too much fruit
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: February 28, 2007 08:27PM

hi everyone, being new to raw, i eat mostly fruit. is that going to make be gain weight? should i eat mostly veggies or does it matter? i don't like too many raw veggies so i eat mostly fruit. is that ok?

thanks, Laura Tristani

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: too much fruit
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 28, 2007 09:14PM

Opinion:

Prepared foods, nuts, sweeteners, coconuts, dried foods, oils, salts, and avocadoes are on the high-end and will tend to foster weight gain. A mostly fruit diet will tend to preserve your weight and allow for a slight gain. While a mostly greens and vegetable diet will tend to reduce weight.....sometimes more dramatically than desired! Ha! ha! The individual CAN learn to regulate this.

-David Z. Mason

Date: February 28, 2007 09:49PM

thanks david. it seems that fruit is the only thing that keeps me full. bummer. i don't like veggies too much. what to do. haha

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 28, 2007 10:46PM

No problem Tristani. Great question. If you like heavier foods...or foods that are maintaining/increasing your weight....but you want to lose weight...here are some tips that have worked in my own experience (I lost about 1 lb a week for over 1 year! Ha! ha!):

1) Eat more frequent, smaller meals. At least 4 per day. 6 would be better.
2) Get more varied and regular exercise. Make sure it gets your heart beating. A good 20 minute power walk every other day is a great idea.
3) Stay well-hydrated with pure water in-between meals.
4) Do the little things all day that promote more exercise......like parking further away in the parking lot....taking the stairs........running across the street instead of driving....carrying your own bags...etc.
5) Lift some weights to put on some muscle....so that you are burning calories better all-day!

-You'll get where you need to be my friend! No doubt! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

Date: February 28, 2007 10:49PM

thanks david, i know it takes time. i get a little impatient but i'm getting there. haha. thanks again

Laura T

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 01, 2007 12:42AM

if u don't like veggies that much, but want to eat them anyway, maybe make some green smoothies. lemons and apples tend to get the bitterness out of greens.

good luck.

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: March 04, 2007 06:21AM

Hi there,

I lost a great deal of weight on a mostly fruit diet. I think that if you avoid fats it would be easy to lose weight on a fruit based diet.

All the best,

Audrey

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2007 10:09AM

I think that while fruit have more calories than for example veggies, they are still great for losing weight, since they have very low fat, and digest quickly. I am also on a mostly fruit diet and losing weight steadily. I really wouldn't worry about it, so eat as many as you want. But like David Mason, said, oils, nuts avocadoes--those things might make you gain weight,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables