Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone here eat any cooked foods at all?
Posted by: boyd ()
Date: March 04, 2007 07:48PM

Hi guys, im a 21 year old male who has just recently found out that cooked foods are actually bad for your health (eek)

So,I have started eating a load of veggies, fruits, superfoods and cut down on the amount of cooked foods i eat. Problem is, i need like one cooked meal a day as it keeps me sane. I want to go full raw but i just dont think my body can quite handle it right now.

I just would like to know, does anyone else here eat any cooked foods at all? I had a omelet today, had that with some tuna. Also had baked beans on toast (wholegrain bread) I kinda felt guilty after i ate those meals though sad smiley

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Wish me luck !

Boyd grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone here eat any cooked foods at all?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 04, 2007 07:55PM

Good luck Boyd. If it is too hard to eat only raw, eat as much cooked food as you need to feel good. Over time, if you persist with eating more raw fruits and vegetables, you will find that your need for cooked foods will drop. Also, as you increase your raw intake, you can look at improving the healthfulness of the cooked foods you eat. Like removing the processed foods out of the cooked foods. Or lowering your fat intake and oil intake in your cooked foods.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 04, 2007 08:02PM

Bryan is exactly right. Many folks are on a Transition Diet.....and have set goals to increase their over-all percentage of fresh, raw plant food. And they still eat a percentage of cooked foods.

-For my own experience....I was eating 2 all-raw meals per day (breakfast and lunch) for many months...before finding an all-raw dinner (Kale salads with lemon juice, garlic & Almonds) that satisfied me.

-Remember that there are no Raw Food Police! Don't listen to your brain....or any guru....and be a chronic, daily under-achiever by setting very small goals and keeping them...on a daily basis.

-Welcome and thank you for your intelligent question(s)!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 04, 2007 08:14PM

I eat one or two (usually two) cooked meals a week. I used to feel guilty when I ate cooked but it works better for me if I allow it and plan it. No Guilt!!!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 04, 2007 10:57PM

Davey mason says:

<<Remember that there are no Raw Food Police!>>

Uh.. noooooo?
awww.. gosh darn shucks!!
u shouldn't have told anyone that davey!
now i gotta turn in my badge
shucks... it shore was fun stapling that to my outfits though

with the logo : "RFP.. to protect and to serve"

it got tiring though
giving people all those tickets
and having them give me dirty looks

just taint worth it!
ya know?

i resign

la la la la la la la laaaaaa!!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 05, 2007 01:20AM

Yes I definitely eat some cooked food! I've been raw for a year, and I definitely prefer raw fruits & vegetables, so I never feel guilty about cooked food because it doesn't feel like some forbidden pleasure - it feels kind of 2nd rate. When the time is right I'll do all-raw, but at the moment it's just not practical for me.

Go with what makes you happy! It's the only way to live.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 05, 2007 01:46AM

RFP: To protect and serve......pineapple! Ha! ha! You can keep the badge La-V! What I wanna know is: who pays your salary? And where do I apply?! LOL. Guaranteed job security! winking smiley

-Enforcing the raw food code of justice on the wild frontier!

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 05, 2007 02:39AM

i getta keep the badge?

whoooo HOOOOOOO! smiling smiley

whoever it is that pays my salary gets quadruple what i get ( ho hum )
but i have four times the fun!

where do u apply?
welll.. that would be me
i'm hiring !

( i've been throwing these plastic badges around like frisbees lately)

been told i have "good" aim

"good" is good enough for me, i guess

Posted by: khale ()
Date: March 05, 2007 12:54PM

welcome boyd!

i eat raw breakfast and lunch everyday and a cooked meal at evening, which always includes a large portion of raw veggies along with whatever cooked grain, bean, or veggie I'm eating otherwise. I try to keep the raw vegetables covering 3quarters of the plate so that the portion of cooked is relatively small. Then I note how often the raw portion of the meal is the part that I enjoy the most!

I'm hoping that as the weather turns warmer I'll be motivated to reduce my cooked meals to once or twice a week.

Good luck to you and stay tuned

khale

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 05, 2007 10:58PM

Hi boyd,

I find that if I think of myself as guilty, then I want to sin even more, I am that rebellious. To me it makes more sense to stay raw on the basis of wanting it, rather than on the basis of it being good for me. Again, this is because of my rebellious, indomitable nature. I want my freedom. This includes freedom to experiment and learn. Afterall, to me, the best way of learning is through my personal observation.

To answer your question, yes, I have eaten cooked foods in my raw journey so far. I had moments when I ate cooked without really craving it, for example due to my choice in some social situations, and I had moments when I ate cooked after experiencing cravings as a result of having eaten cooked foods or salt earlier. All these are valuable lessons. I cherish all of them.

Now, la_veronique, can I get one of your precious tickets pretty please. I would keep it as a badge of honor, it coming from you. Can I have it in pink and with sparkles?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 05, 2007 11:34PM

i still eat rice and grains cooked but again like khale i keep the raw stuff dominating my plate .. one day i may give up on them cooked things but for now ... smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables