Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone Want to Join Me On a Fast?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 07, 2007 03:18AM

I'm starting a water fast at midnight tonight. I'd love to have at least one fasting buddy for mutual support and encouragement. Any takers?

It's 8 degrees outside, but SPRING IS ALMOST HERE! Yay!!!!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone Want to Join Me On a Fast?
Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: March 07, 2007 08:50PM

Hi Sharrhan,

I would have loved to join you but I am just finishing the fourth day of my waterfast. I am planning to do a week but from here I am just taking it one day at a time. The first two days were fine and on the third day I had a lot of energy in the afternoon and got some necessary chores done but today all I wanted to do was sleep and when I took my son to school in the morning I almost collapsed when I got back home. Doing this at home with two kids to look after is not the best way to do it I think but that's the way it is right now. They'll have to mostly feed themselves on fruit this week and the eldest will have to take the dogs out smiling smiley

Anyway, that's enough about my waterfast. I wish you well on yours and I hope you'll have a great one with wonderful results. Let us know how you get on.

Love, francis

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 07, 2007 09:42PM

i would love to start this with you but i'm afraid to do it. i know myself and if i only drink water for days, i'll binge on anything i can get my hands on. any suggestions to avoid the "binge".

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 07, 2007 10:12PM

it's lent until april 8th we all should fast, I am just giving up salt and processed anything

Date: March 07, 2007 10:20PM

Hi Tristani!
I hear you-- I know how easy it is to binge. The best way I've found to control the urge to binge is to do some preparation: a few days before the fast it's good to start eating less dense food. Then eat fruit. Finally, maybe even just drink juice for a couple of days. THEN I find if I start my fast at that point, I'm much more likely to have the self-discipline to stay on course.

That said, it's never a cake-walk-- pun intended!

The thing that keeps me at it more than anything else is the thought (based on experience) that 'if I keep this up my skin is going to look great and my body is going to be younger and more healthy and flexible.' The hardest fast is the first one, because you haven't experienced the miracle of fasting yet. But believe me, it's an amazing process, being on nature's operating table. It's not exactly fun all the time, but it's safe and effective.

Another thing that helps is to wait till the weather is warmer-- beautiful weather always makes it easier to fast-- and then go for it. Good luck!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 07, 2007 11:00PM

Thanks Kwan, that sounds good. how long do you fast and when you are done, do you just go back to eating what you were eating before? Have you started your fast? I noticed you said you were going to start last night.

thanks, Laura T

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 08, 2007 12:06AM

You have my admiration. I am such a hopeless food addict...

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Re: Anyone Want to Join Me On a Fast? - Tristani
Date: March 08, 2007 04:15AM

I've been fasting almost 24 hours. (Yay!) I want to fast 21 days, but that's negotiable-- it's up to my body. I have a slow metabolism and long fasts don't make me gaunt or overly skinny.

Whenever I finish a good fast I almost always eat (and enjoy) a really good raw diet and instinctively know what foods I need. If the fast is a long one I'll have to ease very gradually back into eating though-- probably with juices and fruit for a couple weeks.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 08, 2007 04:17AM

Sounds good, Suvine! I envy you being in Florida where there are so many varieties of fresh fruit.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Anyone Want to Join Me On a Fast? - Gossia
Date: March 08, 2007 04:22AM

Gossia,
Believe me, I love to eat too-- still do overdo from time to time. ;-)

When I was younger (late 20s-early 30s) I was a walking yeast factory (from childhood antibiotics) and had hypoglycemia and mental fog, etc., etc., so I struggled and often failed miserably in my attempts at a raw diet. (Plus this was before hardly anyone was into it!) Necessity was the blessing in disguise that pushed me in the direction of fasting and cleansing.

But over the years it's gotten quite a bit easier, and of course I'm a lot healthier now.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 08, 2007 04:23AM

I have started a fasting journal in the journaling section of this board if anyone's interested in reading it.

Gotta get a new pic-- sick of seeing those silly sunglasses!!!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 08, 2007 08:54PM

Hey friends,

My fast is going well- day 2 and my energy is still going strong and I'm not hungry.

I decided to move my fasting journal, which I started here in the 'diary' section, to my blog. Here's the address:

[sharrhan.blogspot.com]

Hope to see you there!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 08, 2007 09:38PM

Hi Kwan, I looked at your blog. I think it's great what you are doing and I'm thinking of doing it myself soon. I'm not ready yet but following your daily diary is helpful. thanks and good luck.

Laura T

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables