Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rawgetarian keeps starting topics to sell things on his site rawadvantage (he is a.k.a. gonnabe100%).
Posted by: rawveganrocks ()
Date: March 08, 2007 11:33PM

Please read his posts with caution - he starts by asking if anyone has had experience with x, x being something he sells - but people think he is asking advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rawgetarian keeps starting topics to sell things on his site rawadvantage (he is a.k.a. gonnabe100%).
Posted by: rawveganrocks ()
Date: March 08, 2007 11:37PM

He does this both on the main forum and on the juicing forum. In my opinion, he is welcome here if he is sincerely trying to be raw vegan, but he needs to have more probity when talking about products (like rebounders, blenders, Prilling beads, Iridesca superfoods, etc.) sold on his sites - just state that what you are saying promotes what you sell on rawadvantage.com, etc. Otherwise it is confusing and mean and unfair.

Re: Rawgetarian keeps starting topics to sell things on his site rawadvantage (he is a.k.a. gonnabe100%).
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 09, 2007 01:21AM

Not only that, but he doesn't give information about the stuff he posts about. In other words, he doesn't contribute helpful information, he just posts these sneaky advertisements. I think those messages should be removed and if he keeps doing it, he should be banned.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 09, 2007 02:39AM

Agreed!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: March 09, 2007 03:23AM

Hehe, exactly what I thought when I read his first post that mensioned juicing....

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 09, 2007 03:41AM

I think Rawgetarian adds a little 'spice' to these Forums and should be allowed to stay. Lots of what he says on his website is very 'profound'. So far as I can see, his posts haven't been out-of-line......WY

"A good teacher is blind in one eye, and deaf in one ear".....Someone said that.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 09, 2007 04:07AM

HEy wheatgrass yogi...did you read the last one he posted...well actually it is sandy that is the name i read some other posts and i think it maybe a girll....anyway...did you read the post that is something like exercising is bad and being fat is good...umm that is uncaled for an out of line...the whole post was absurd...just wondering if you read this...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 09, 2007 04:19AM

Wheatgrass Yogi,

SPAM is SPAM. Even if a few people like it, the majority of people here don't like SPAM. If rawgetarian does one more SPAM like post, I will see to it that rawgetarian is banned and the posts deleted.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 09, 2007 09:37AM

rawvegetarian has something interesting to say every time

really is actually refreshing

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 09, 2007 09:42AM

i sort of like it when people are kind and upfront and honest-respectful of others.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: khale ()
Date: March 09, 2007 11:53AM

It seems to me that very few actually read rawgetarians' post on "exercise is bad; fat is good" and are indulging in knee-jerk reactions.

Having said that I do think the title of this post is spam-ey and that Rawgetarian can be a bit disingenuous.

Still, I find things of interest in Rawgetarians posts and I think that the people here should either take the time to actually read what Rawgetarian posts or simply ignore the posts altogether. I think its unfair to skim a post or jump to conclusions based on a post title and then scream, "foul".

khale

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 09, 2007 02:02PM

Nobody else has mentioned getting a PM from him. I did. I didn't care to respond. Hard to believe that I'm the only one he would have sent something like this to. I didn't appreciate this email but it wasn't a big bother either. I didn't even think of deleting it but I will in a moment.

Here it is.

Re: The Raw Vegan Conundrum
To:
TroySantos
Date: 03/04/2007 07:26AM

It seems that you live a smybiotic raw lifestyle..

you might like my site rawgetarian.com

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: March 09, 2007 02:57PM

I am sorry to hear that, TroySantos - it's mildly unpleasant.

As you can tell, Rawgetarian generally has a characteristic inability to write (also evinced by gonnabe100%) - I know him personally and, as greenie says, he doesn't give real information about anything, he just goes off on spiels that are unhelpful at best. He says pat things over and over, either here or in other media, but when people ask him real questions, he does not answer. The Prilling post or the more recent Raw Food myth post about "colonizing" are cases in point. He never cites sources for upsetting and/or bizarre and/or controversial but always disrespectful assertions, such as that juicing will make you look older and that you are wrong to like exercising.

There may be a different person called Sandy under the same username, who appears to have some edge in command of English over what the first (male) person has. I think one of Rawg's posts says he didn't write such-and-such, "Sandy did". Multiple Personalities, where one can speak English and the other can't?

As far as I know, "Symbiotic" is a term coined by Sapoty Brook for what he meant to be more or less 8-1-1 eating, where one pays attention to balancing acid-alkaline/"yin"-"yang" in the context of raw - ecoeating.com goes into it. I am not sure what Rawgetarian (1 or 2) means by it, but Brookian Symbiotic eating is not, as far as I know, against the things Rawg is against or for the things he is for, except that it emphasizes fruit.

I hope Rawg can function here simply as a peer who is trying to be raw and vegan, and who can share openly and coherently (and _helpfully_, constructively) real-life advice and views, without lecturing or devious sales tactics. And without PM-ing members with e-flyers slipped eerily under their door - once again, I am sorry that happened to you, TroySantos - I would have found it a trifle creepy.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 09, 2007 03:14PM

Stockholm, you seem sympathetic to Rawg. I appreciate that. I appreciate your gentle approach to him and to the other members of the forum. Neat.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: March 09, 2007 05:15PM

Very nice of you to say, Troy, but I am losing my patience - he just puts people down: to someone asking about raw oats, to whom others are trying to reply helpfully, he just rants, "Why would you want to eat oats?" And to someone needing a recipe for Raweos, when others are trying to reply considerately and supportively, he just gives him the strappado, like "Why would you want to eat cashews? If you were like me, you wouldn't want to." I think there's room for conflicting views here and I believe he is just very clumsily trying to help people be healthy, but I am very against this sort of behaviour and think it just discourages people. I do not believe in or eat grains or raw cookies or cashews myself, but I wasn't even thinking of replying to those posts in order to put the concepts or posters down. Perhaps I am not a good raw crusader as he is, but I think that that is not going to help. At least you need to provide interesting and persuasive argument, preferably anecdotal from one's own experience or on the other hand "scientific", and not just rant. Doing that would be helpful and enable the person to come to his/her own judgement - just blanket tirades comes off seeming very ill-mannered. I don't think it spicey at all.

I did a search for "agave nectar" here and came up with a post by someone who felt "raw" agave nectar is harmful and should be avoided. He presented a real argument. I decided that it made enough sense to me that I would give up agave nectar. I might have decided I did not consider the risks of indulging to be significant. But I present the post as something approximating how we should be presenting arguments against raw things that others here find at a given moment or have found long-term to be beneficial either psychologically or socially, or in terms of their own health, well-being, and so on. Just saying, "Why would you want to do that?" when someone is seeking help about something he/she is interested in that is raw and vegan, does not seem to me to be polite, and I don't see other members doing it.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 10, 2007 07:49AM

khale i did read his posts completely and found then rude and distasteful....he also goes on others posts and is inappropriate and rude...if he wants to educate people he needs to do so in a softer manner where people will not be so offended they can take in the info and learn something he may be trying to teach...rude people are just that rude...there is no tiptoeing around it.....
i understand your point you feel that he gives good info that is cool i am glad someone gets something out of it...but it seems like most of us are offended that is all we are saying.
thanks
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2007 01:01PM

publicity is publicity.

i went and checked out his site because of this thread.

live and let live.

Date: March 10, 2007 02:24PM

"Live and let live" is exactly what they (Rawg is a multiple personality, both rude, both unhelpful, one is slightly more literate) won't do - the "let live" part is very evident in everything they say, but I question too the "live" part - if Rawg doesn't want to leave and doesn't want to change their manners, my suggestion is that they start a raw diary thread. I just don't believe this people is really day to day, let alone year by year, raw. Rawg, show us your life, show us what you eat, what exercise you never get, the struggles you go through getting your produce or something - the stuff we can all relate to - I don't think you can do it, but if you can keep a diary thread then you will seem at least more like a real person and not just a non-practising idealist who has semi-digested a lot of antiquated or idiosyncratic drivel from books or voices or something and wants to use all his/their energy up in preaching rather than "living the lifestyle", as you say.

And I disagree - I think publicity that is gained for someone by upsetting and icking a lot of people here is not just axiomatic and acceptable. Plenty of people are famous in this culture for being obnoxious and/or insane and/or stupid - that doesn't make it right. I just signed up and the rules said, "the eyes of the world are on us" - I don't think that, with or without that in mind, we should be cultivating an any-publicity-is-good attitude. Leave the cookeders to that.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: March 10, 2007 03:04PM

This is the only raw food forum that I frequent Sachelle, so I haven't been saturated by Rawgetarians' posts as some of you have.

In truth, there are days when the whole "raw food will save the world", "man dead from eating banana's", "woman drowns by drinking too much water" hippety hype gets under my skin anyway.

It's like, 'people, people! calm down! it's only food'

I often reflect on whether or not I am maintaining a sound perspective on this whole "dietary" thang. Perhaps Rawgetarian would benefit from doing a bit of the same?

khale

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 12, 2007 02:06AM

I think everyone should be kind and respect others personal decisions on how they handle their raw journey. There are so many people just starting out (including myself) that already have what feels like the whole world against them and can feel very vulnerable.

I personally look to this site for support and to know that there are others out there just like me. People here get enough of "why would you eat like that?" on the outside. This should be a place where we can all feel comfortable talking to each other like a true support group and helping each other out instead of criticizing one another in such a hurtful manner.

It is likely someone who is already having struggles with raw food will give up if they have negativity coming at them from every angle.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 12, 2007 04:12AM

Wow, KelBel--
You are right on. I felt a little bad after I wrote a snarky message on this board-- I think it was on this thread too-- a few days ago. We really have to give people the space to speak about things we might not agree with. A number of years ago I was on thisi board, was having trouble with the raw diet at the time, and probably drove everyone nuts with my arguments and complaints. I'm grateful most on the board were kind, which helped me to eventually sort out my diet and return to raw food. People who disagree aren't necessarily 'negative' or 'trolls' at all-- we can learn a lot from them sometimes and go beyond the rhetoric and test whether our beliefs are really totally correct. Yep, you're right. Thank you.

I checked out their website and the pics of raw food recipes looked wonderful, and I learned some things.

Best regards,

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: March 12, 2007 05:39PM

I think, that Rawg and ignorant person with no social skills, that are apparent, and trys to appear intelligent. I disagree with most of what he says, but he is not worth my time to correct him.

I personally know of men like him, personality wise (or lack of) and I don't like to socialize with the like, in real time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables