Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question about soy.
Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 11, 2007 07:33PM

I've been reading alot about people staying away from soy. Could someone tell me why? I include soy in my diet but if it is causing any harm I would like to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about soy.
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 11, 2007 08:13PM

Soy is not an ideal food. It is a better food than eating meat, but there are better choices for vegetarians and vegans. However for raw foodists, soy is inedible raw, as it contain antinutrients that cause blood clotting (though cooking removes these antinutrients). Still there are other antinutrients that survive cooking, though not enough to be immediately toxic.

If you are using soy because of its high protein, there is sufficient protein in fruits and vegetables to meet your body needs. If you are using soy for flavoring like soy sauce or miso, these foods contain a lot of salt and are worth eliminating from the diet for this reason alone.

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 16, 2007 05:48PM

wow bryan, that's one of the first times i've heard anything bad about soy. i've always thought it was great for you. whou would have known?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 16, 2007 08:20PM

Opinion:

-I agree 100% with Bryan. Soy products are certainly not raw. You COULD eat sprouted soy beans, but I cannot vouch for their taste or digestibility! Ha! ha!

-If you are on a transitional diet and still eating cooked foods.....and you find soy stuff to be an appealing meat substitute.....and you find it is helping you eat healthier....then I say more power to you! You have my 100% support.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 16, 2007 09:48PM

Thanks everyone. I'll make an effort to cut down and hopefully eliminate soy from my diet. My biggest consumption of soy is soymilk. I'm starting to experiement with my own raw nutmilks which is going quite well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables