Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
High-fruit low-fat research trial!!!
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: March 15, 2007 01:43AM

I am going to do a trial of the high-fruit low-fat raw diet and record my food intake every day (if I can), aiming at doing it for 30 days. From past experiences, 30 days seems like a long enough time interval for observations.

One of the things I would like to do is to record my daily fat intake to test whether my diet is really low fat. Eating my favourite food, fruit, will be effortless, of course. As far as the greens, I am not going to force them down my throat. Nevertheless, I am going to put some in my mouth every day to test whether my body wants them, and if the answer is yes, I will have them.

You are more then welcome to join me. Perhaps you've been eating this way already and would like to share. Or perhaps, like me, you would like to observe your diet for a while. Or even, you would like to try eating this way for the first time. Fun starts now.

Day 1 (today):
morning: black Muscatel grapes (dark, rich tasting grapes, one of the best I've ever had)
early afternoon: same stuff (They are so yummy! Luke got a box of them yesterday. Nothing tempts me more for the moment than this. Mmm. Paradise food. I feel totally cherished.)

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High-fruit low-fat research trial!!!
Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: March 15, 2007 04:19AM

Sure, why not.

March 14th:

3 large cherimoyas
13 bananas
23 tangerines
1 head of lettuce
5 stalks of celery
2 tomatoes
a few small pieces of cauliflower

Date: March 15, 2007 04:24AM

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 15, 2007 06:47AM

doghouse reilly

i thought you disappeared on us

glad to see you are back

u were on the old forum, right?

i think i remember your name

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: March 15, 2007 07:21AM

March 14
Morning: water
Noon: 2 cherimoyas
1 mamey (small)
Dinner: 7 small mangos
2 fresh dates (mozafati, still red like plums, not so sweet but so yummy)
greens (don't know how much, but quite a lot, large bowl)
2 apples

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Date: March 15, 2007 12:31PM

FRUIT AIN'T THE PROBLEM.....WE ARE THE ONE'S WITH THE PROBLEMS!!!!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 15, 2007 02:00PM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Day 1 (today):
> morning: black Muscatel grapes (dark, rich tasting
> grapes, one of the best I've ever had)
> early afternoon: same stuff (They are so yummy!

For 1800 kcal this would be about 2.7 kg of grapes.

%rda met
zinc: 10%
selenium: 5%
magnesium: 32%
phosphorus: 39%
iron: 43%
calcium: 38%
omega3: 40%
omega6: 15%
folate: 27%
b3:51%
b5:15%
b12: 0%
protein: 39% (I am guessing you are around 54 kg and using 0.8g/kg as your need)

I don't see how you can keep this up indefinitely. It's really low in minerals, EFAs, B vitamins, and protein. Even Bryan does much better than this (for most of the menus he's posted).

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: March 15, 2007 02:47PM

Arugula, how can I get a detailed breakdown of the minerals and vitamins in my food consumption???

My usual daily food consumption:

15 bananas
1 small head of romaine
5 celery sticks (or ribs whichever is the correct term)
1 small head of chicory

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 16, 2007 12:28AM

I'll play.

For yesterday, March 14:

2pm: 12 honey tangerines, 0.25 pounds deglet noor dates
7pm: 2 pomelos, 0.375 pounds deglet noor dates, 3 bananas, 1 romaine heart, 0.25 pounds spinach

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 16, 2007 01:08AM

Felix Wrote:
> Arugula, how can I get a detailed breakdown of the
> minerals and vitamins in my food consumption???

You can use the pantry (and check amounts to make a recipe), hit analyze button at bottom of page at [www.nutritiondata.com].

But lately I have been using the cron-o-meter at

[spaz.ca]

you will also need Java to be able to use this

[www.java.com]

both are free but you must download.

> My usual daily food consumption:
>
> 15 bananas
> 1 small head of romaine
> 5 celery sticks (or ribs whichever is the correct
> term)
> 1 small head of chicory

1736 kcal
%ages: 6p 90C 4F
30 g protein (low, RDA is 0.8g/kg, a good amt. for a vegan on a high fiber diet)
67 g fiber

vitamins-- all great but for

% RDA met
e: 57% (this might be ok, need is proportional to unsaturated fat intake)
b12: 0% (should secure a reliable source)
d: 0% (take pills or sun)

minerals--

all great but for

% RDA met
calcium: 49% (this might be ok since your food is so alkaline)
iron: 67% (this might be ok, too, if you aren't feeling run down)
selenium: 39% (one brazil nut will fix this)
zinc: 44% (this one is tough to get, napa cabbage, bitter melon, and pumpkin seed help)

EFAs:
omega3: 1.2 g (this is ok, but borderline)
omega6: 1.4 g (low, RDA is 12 g)

Date: March 16, 2007 01:17AM

So nice to see you here, everyone! Yuppie yay! Thanks for joining in sharing. smiling smiley

Day 1 (15 March):
morning: black Muscatel grapes (dark, rich tasting grapes, one of the best I've ever had)
early afternoon: same stuff (They are so yummy! Luke got a box of them yesterday. Nothing tempts me more at the moment than this. Mmm. Paradise food. I feel totally cherished.)
later afternoon: going bananas.
evening: white peaches (very hydrating), later a big bowl of different greens with freshly squeezed orange juice, picked from the garden (silver beet greens yuck yuck yuck, I had to pick them out of my salad, lettuces and spinach were yummy, so I won't grow silver beets again), plus some supermarket lettuce and peas.

Also, I have been sipping some water through the day.
My fat intake: no overt fats today. Did not feel like having any.

By the way, my personal observations have been that cooked food does not mix well with high-fruit diet. For example, I observed that eating sweet fruit the day after having eaten cooked, makes me feel lethargic. Cooked food takes longer to digest, so putting fruit on top of undigested food stuffs makes the fruit ferment, and hence feeling of tiredness. This explains why those who eat cooked do not cope well with high fruit diet.

Day 2 (16 March): coming up!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: March 16, 2007 02:52AM

I will play too ... ( I 'm trying to be raw since january, although sometimes having a cooked meal here and there, so it is a good time to start being regular )

day one tomorrow 16, as I'm finishing an apple cleanse

Cynthia

PS : Gosia, are you 100% raw already ?

Date: March 16, 2007 03:02AM

March 15

12 noon: 12 honey tangerines, 8 bananas
7pm: 6 honey tangerines, 5 bananas, 0.5 pounds baby asparagus, 0.5 pounds mung bean sprouts, 0.75 pounds sugar snap peas

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: March 16, 2007 03:20AM

la_veronique, your memory doesn't fail you. It must be at least 7 or 8 years now I've had the pleasure of perusing and contributing here and my absences so far are never permanent.

March 15: 1 pound of loquats
2 large cherimoyas
15 bananas
1 head of romaine lettuce
3 tomatoes

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: March 16, 2007 03:23AM

Thanks for starting this Rawgosia. I started low fat a month and a half ago.

Today: 3 bananas, 2 bunches of grapes, 10 bahri dates, 1 apple, and a salad of cucumber, head lettuce, celery and tomatos.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: March 16, 2007 04:00AM

morning: pineapple, 2 bananas

noon: 6 fuji apples

evening: chopped romaine, carrot & mushroom grated,
dressing of squeezed orange

snack: 3 fuji apples

Posted by: Joe Gray ()
Date: March 16, 2007 04:46AM

The Fruitarian One Wrote:
> FRUIT AIN'T THE PROBLEM.....WE ARE THE ONE'S WITH
> THE PROBLEMS!!!!

What are your problems?

Date: March 16, 2007 04:15PM

Thank you Arugula!!! smiling smiley

I do eat an avocado every third day. Also some seeds (pumpkin. sunflower) or nuts (almonds) once a week. Am trying to increase my greens, like yesteday had some dandilions along with the usual.

Appreciate your help!!! smiling smiley

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Date: March 16, 2007 04:21PM

rawgosia Wrote:
> By the way, my personal observations have been
> that cooked food does not mix well with high-fruit
> diet. For example, I observed that eating sweet
> fruit the day after having eaten cooked, makes me
> feel lethargic. Cooked food takes longer to
> digest, so putting fruit on top of undigested food
> stuffs makes the fruit ferment, and hence feeling
> of tiredness. This explains why those who eat
> cooked do not cope well with high fruit diet.
>
> Day 2 (16 March): coming up!
>
> Gosia

The rare time I eat cooked food, which will be the last meal of the day, the next day I don't eat anything till evening, drink only water during the day.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: March 16, 2007 04:28PM

March 14
Morning: water
Noon: 2 cherimoyas
1 mamey (small)
Dinner: 7 small mangos
2 fresh dates (mozafati, still red like plums, not so sweet but so yummy)
greens (don't know how much, but quite a lot, large bowl)
2 apples

March 15
Noon: 1 large cherimoya, 1 mamey, 4 small mangos
Dinner: ~1lbs Durian (my birthday), 5 mozafati fresh dates, one walnut, one tamarillo, lettuce (mixed)

March 16
Morning: 1 cherimoya
Noon: 2 small mangos, 1 cherimoya, 2 small mangos (50km mountain bike in the morning)
Afternoon snack: 4 bananas, 10 fresh mozafati dates (have been digging out big stones in the yard for 2 hours...)
Dinner: large salad with one avocado

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 16, 2007 08:26PM

Ok I have to say I am SHOCKED by these food quantities posted in this thread - this is DAILY intake??? I ate one cherimoya one time and was so full I couldn't eat anything for 5 hours... bananas, same thing I eat ONE banana if I'm really hungry & just worked out. You guys really eat this much food in ONE DAY?? Those are some insane portions - no wonder you guys eat all that sweet fruit, a bell pepper could never fill you up. I get full from 1 bell pepper.

Date: March 16, 2007 10:12PM

sunshine79,

Your choices of words (SHOCKED, "this is DAILY intake???", "insane portions"winking smiley leads me to think that you are judging the people who have posted their daily menus and judging their food choices. Also, because you are comparing what you do with what they do, this further verifies that a judgment is occuring. The question is how does it serve you to judge other people like this or to compare youself against them like this? Does this make you happy or make you feel better? Because it doesn't feel good to me when you speak like this. That way you described our diets makes it seem like you think we are doing something wrong, something insane, something crazy. That doesn't feel good to me, and it doesn't feel very supportive.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 16, 2007 10:37PM

*giggle* i once ate 10 avacados in one day im scared to think what the total calories were but honestly i was just having one of those days when thats all i wanted to eat so .. i let my body be the judge. smiling smiley

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 16, 2007 10:46PM

Hey avocados are good.

anywasy rawgosia you should video tape your thingy and then post it on youtube

Date: March 16, 2007 11:12PM

Well... that's just a lot of food!! I wasn't calling you fat or anything Bryan, just expressing sincere awe... I'm well aware that different people have different metabolic needs... my friend Lisa for instance eats whole pans of lasagna and stays slim & gorgeous, I certainly don't judge her, actually we joke about it, so I'm quite certain I wasn't judging you either.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: March 17, 2007 12:34AM

Funny, I just started 80-10-10 and tracking via nutri-diary.

I feel like I eat TONS comparred to some. Don't know if I'm overeatting or if my body's adjusting to low fat.

Today I ate:

4 cups Juice (2 LG grapefruits, 1/2 orange, 1/2 lemon, 2 rings worth of pineapple)
3 bananas
2 apples
3 more bananas
1/2 head of cauliflower
plan to have about 8 stocks of celery once my hubby arrives home with groceries.

Raw Gosia I have a question for you, I am just curious because I feel like you are one of the raw gurus here... I look up to and admire your posts... How you handle eating a cooked meal both mentally and physically?

I started all raw May 10th 2006. Have not had anything not raw since then. I have thought about eating cooked on certain occasions - ie. as a guest at someones wedding. I'm just so scared that that would have me spiral back into cooked foods.
The longer I've eaten only raw the more I have that as a security, I feel less tempted and stronger conviction because I don't want to have to start counting all raw all over again.

My husband eats cooked occasionally -- ie business lunches, sometimes he feels fine, other times he feels heavy, drowsy, lethargic. Also the longer he goes all raw - his record was 45 days, the less he craves cooked food. Then he slips up once, and starts needing his weekly fix all over again.

Date: March 17, 2007 01:17AM

Bryan Wrote:
> The question is how does it
> serve you to judge other people like this or to
> compare youself against them like this? Does this
> make you happy or make you feel better? Because it
> doesn't feel good to me when you speak like this.
> That way you described our diets makes it seem
> like you think we are doing something wrong,
> something insane, something crazy. That doesn't
> feel good to me, and it doesn't feel very
> supportive.

Bryan, I would ask you to take your own advice here, and not accuse people of being inferior or "unhealthy" somehow for not preferring sweet fruit, as you did in the thread I posted a couple days ago... so yes after all that stuff you said I was quite shocked to see posted here your actual diet.... ok no offense Bryan, but your diet is not something I would ever aspire to... 10 servings of fruits/veggies is like a SNACK to you- that's all I eat in an entire day.

Your excessively argumentative and belittling comments the other day certainly did not feel supportive nor respectful of different peoples' different metabolic needs, and you clearly upset Rawrrr very much as well. You didn't need to act all superior and condescending in that thread, yet you chose to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2007 01:27AM by sunshine79.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: March 17, 2007 01:23AM

I am aspiring to Bryan's diet. It's only been 4 days of 80/10/10 and already I feel better, more energy, more motivation, no cravings for fat or sweets (other than fruit).
I know that high fruit, low fat and mono meals will be the best for me... I think I've known it nearly since I began raw, but I wasn't ready, now the more I head that way the better I feel.

Date: March 17, 2007 01:52AM

sunshine79,

In the post where you said "fruit can be the enemy", you were the one who pointed out 2 diseases around fructose intolerance, and you used this to explain fruit intolerance and why fruit could be the enemy for some. If fruit intolerance is based on a disease around fructose intolerance as you implied, then how can fruit intolerance be a state of good health?

Also, can you show me how my "snack" is like your entire days intake of food? I know I eat a lot of food, but I hardly think the calories in my snack is equal to your entire day's caloric intake.

Date: March 17, 2007 02:27AM

Coconutcream, that is a bright idea! I will make an effort! smiling smiley My video camera is not fully digital, and I had some problems with the software, so I hope I can make things work. I am sure that you would be a great documentary movie director, with your artistic abilities. I might have to ask my son to Odys film me, or maybe put the camera on a table or something (don't have a stand).

Hey, did anyone notice that when there is today at your place, there is tomorrow at mine. And, when there is today at mine, there is yesterday at yours. I am talking with the past, and you with the future ha ha. It is 17th March here now, Saturday, after 1pm.

Yesterdays intake (Scratching my head, trying to remember what I ate. I was very busy yesterday, apart from the usual lecturing/tutoring/research, prepared a whole week of lecturing with the notes, phew, not bad he? On cooked I would have to have a few coffees to achieve that.):

Day 2 (16 March):
black Muscat grapes, strawberries, a mixed salad (at the maths department), bananas, peaches.

Fat intake: there were a few drops of olive oil on that salad, less than a teaspoon.

Mono-eating is something that just happens spontaneously. I still mix the salads, but they are much simpler than a few years ago. Nevertheless, I prefer eating fruit mono. Afterall, I used to be a mono-eating baby before I got corrupted. Still, as a kid, I used to love playing with other kids from the block, often mono-eating various types of raw foods. Great fun. The concept that one has to mix several types of foods in order to get a good nutrition is foregin to me. I do not think I should abandon eating delicious grapes at the moment I am enjyoing them in order to mix it with something else for some dubious purpose. ??? Nah. I am quite happy to eat them even all day long, if it feels good. Whatever in season makes me happy.

Thanks everyone for sharing!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Pages: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables