Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Unsupportive Family
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: March 21, 2007 02:43AM

llulu,

I agree with Cecelia. What stands out about your post has nothing to do with diet and everything to do with the relationship.

You have to decide what kind of support you want from your husband and have a talk with him. Marriage is about respect, support and mutuality, whether it comes to diet, going to the movies, raising a family, or anything.

He may not want to be your buddy in your new interest and you may find it helpful to find raw friends locally and online who can provide that kind of support. But if he is indeed actually sabotaging you, that's a relationship and respect issue. It doesn't have to do with raw but with how his respect and support for something important to you. I would have a very pointed conversation with my husband if that happened to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 21, 2007 10:32AM

dear pkd4fun...that is so wonderful that u and hubby are both raw and full of energy.that is something i can never hope for.i have to go slow.like i made our first raw meal when i started this journey...angel hair zucchini pasta and spaghetti sauce and raw corn on the cob with avocado butter.hubby refused to even taste the spaghetti and he scraped off the avocado butter...ate it by it self and then asked if we could cook the corn. i said well-at least try it.he did.he hated it all.lol.but he tried.he wants cooked corn.well-there is worse things to eat than cooked corn.last nite-i was doing my exercise dvd and it is a 3 mile walk.there was a 72 yr old guy on this dvd who was exercising and it was gentle and then brisk.Hubby saw this "old"guy and was impressed with the shape he was in.He said "i can do this exercise".i was so thrilled. i understand where he is coming from.it is a frame of mind...stress from work and also hurting in your body-and thinking "why exercise?when i hurt already?".he will find out this exercise will help him.i think just being yourself and doing what you feel is good for u-others see it...don't worry about changing him but just do your thing.too-i know one time i was on a diet and for whatever reason-my hubby did not want me thinner.i think he felt safer with me fatter.so u have to ignore alot of stuff-to try to get better.hugs and good luck.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:04PM

Taylor- You never know what other people might do, they surprise you. I never in a million years thought my man would go raw but the circumstances that led up to it were just right and had nothing to do with anything I did or said. I do wish I could bottle the feeling you get when you've been raw awhile. That would get people motivated. The point is you don't have to be eating the same thing to be in a happy, supportive relationship. I bet your husband eats healthier because you do and he will feel better which will lead him to eat better, feel better and so on. I am so happy you are successfully losing the weight. I guess you got past the weight rut you were in. Keep on keepin' on!!

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 22, 2007 10:27AM

thanks so much pakd4fun...i agree.i think it is good that my hubby does not mind if i don't give him meat anymore.he likes vegan and vegetarian foods.so that is the one compromise.the other is-he drinks the juices i make.and he likes the raw pies.man! they are so good.i took one bite.wow is all i have to say but so full of calories.i think it is good he is willing to try at least.i think people have to come to a point of seeing they aren't doing so good.a health crisis at some point maybe.you are right-that would be a seller...the feeling u get when raw.well-good luck llulu.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 23, 2007 06:36AM

I spent 5 years trying to convert a guy who still piles on nacho cheese on his fuddruckers burgers

not worth the energy anymore, now he will show up asking for healthy stuff. When i don't care

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 23, 2007 12:48PM

CC-I wonder if it is you or the healthy food he wants back smiling smiley.

If someone wants to change their diet drastically they have to want it for themselves. It's like an addiction to alcohol or anything else. It won't work if it doesn't come from within.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 23, 2007 01:24PM

pakd4funsays

<<If someone wants to change their diet drastically they have to want it for themselves. It's like an addiction to alcohol or anything else. It won't work if it doesn't come from within>>

so true

Coconut cream:

<<spent 5 years trying to convert a guy who still piles on nacho cheese on his fuddruckers burgers not worth the energy anymore, now he will show up asking for healthy stuff. When i don't care>>

that's pretty funny smiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables