Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best place (in the world) for raw foods lifestyle?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 20, 2007 11:54PM

hey,

I was wondering where everyone lives, what their experience was with their raw foods lifestlye.

also more imporatntly, i was wondering what you peoples consider the best place in the world to live a raw foods lifestyle? mainly thinking about a quiet place with rich soils, nice climate to grow fruits and veggies with good water and air. just curious what everyone thinks.

thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best place (in the world) for raw foods lifestyle?
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:03AM

I live in a small town in Canada, it is freezing here, and the growing season is two months at best... Not to mention we are the 'beef province.' I am HOPING to move to Australia, Hawaii, or California in the near future.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:44AM

New York City aint bad for raw, I never have any issues here, lots of health food stores, and they're concentrated in a small area- plus people are very forward-thinking. and the men are yummy smiling smiley

Posted by: KelBel ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:50AM

I live in Florida which is great for fresh citrus! Everywhere you go you have people with some kind of citrus tree in there yards. I live in North Florida so not alot of raw resturaunts. Just one that's about 30 miles away.

KelBel

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 22, 2007 11:27AM

well,i think it would be nicer for me to live in the south for being raw. the sun and the fruit and such. i hear suvine and david and rawrrr all write of walking in the sun and the foods they eat and the weather and feel like i would love to be where they all are.here is portland,there is alot of rain. not like the rain in texas or la.the warm and wonderful rains there .it is wet and cold here .endless rain.but with that said,it is wonderful for growing alot.there is alot fo free foods about.sasal berries and huckleberrys and tons and tons of blackberries all free for the picking.wild salmon berries and wild strawberries(very small).there is also the oregon grape and also alot of old orchards and they have been desserted-u can pick all the apples and plums,and cherries and pears..if u just look.alot of times-if u ask,people are glad to let u pick from a tree they never even think of anymore.ton s of greens everywhere.i pick lots of chamomille every yr. and dry it for tea.down the road...a family has alot of walnuts and picks them and puts them out in front of there house and writes a free sign on the bags of walnuts. i keep an eye on this.and grab them up.me and the boys love to sit and shell them.i freeze all the nuts.so some of it is good-except for the cold continual rains.also i go to alot of U Pick places.sometimes when the season for a fruit is coming to an end...they will change the cost of the fruit from say 50 cents a pound for pears to 10 cents a pound-if u pick the pears off the ground.the other part is-it is really sort of depressing-all the grey weather all the time.so it is a trade off to if i think this is a raw foodist paradise.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: March 22, 2007 11:39AM

Ya agreed NYC is pretty darn good for raw. Sometimes i wished i lived on the west coast though so all the nice frutis and veggies didn't have to be flown over on harmful airplanes...

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 22, 2007 11:47AM

Yup. I live in Central Florida. I love it. South Florida is good too....and the coasts....they are just getting too crowded though. I live in one of the last 'designated' rurual southern areas. They say that bio-diversity (historically and genetically) increases the closer one lives to the equator. Florida is definitely one of the more optimal places to live and grow your own food. Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 22, 2007 01:52PM

im in b.c. fraser valley the climate is identical nearly to Taylors.. i love it up here for the variety in wild food.. could do with alot less rain though lol but i do try to grow things indoors for fun and food ...my squash plant in my living room nearly took over the joint smiling smiley

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: March 22, 2007 05:35PM

I could take more sun. Still a lot of snow here in Quebec !!! . The main problem is having good fruits as many don't ripe properly or not at all - all peaches, nectarines, plums taste awful, mangos often a guess,
We are safe with bananas, orange, pears, grapes and apples , the usual stuff. ... little boring. By chance, papayas are wonderful.

Cynthia

Posted by: tristani ()
Date: March 22, 2007 05:35PM

i live in huntington beach california and it's pretty easy to eat raw out here. i use to live in hawaii and would rather be there but it's expensive. that was the best place for me to live as raw. i wish i was turned onto raw back then!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 22, 2007 06:10PM

hehe too bad we cant cooperatively swap our northern fruit and veggies with our southern raw cousins...

stupid red tape

Posted by: mykmyk ()
Date: March 22, 2007 07:58PM

Since I moved to South Florida is has been way easier to be a raw foodist. I always ran for cooked for more back up north, more so duirng the Winter. I believe warmer climate are ideal for humans.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables