Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cause and effect
Posted by: all5senses ()
Date: March 21, 2007 04:56AM

how do you get a natural boost in energy? do you take supplements? do you ever find yourself lagging along? i have been feeling quite fatigued lately.

have you noticed a difference in sleep patterns/qaulity/quantity since going raw? is it true (for you) what they say that you need much less sleep on raw food? changes in dreaming? how do you FEEL when you wake up?

do you watch television? if so, how much daily/weekly? how do you feel tv does/did affect you and your raw food path?

these are just some questions i've been thinking about that i would GREATLY appreciate any personal insight into so i can kind of tune in to what other raw fooders are going through! thanks! xoxo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cause and effect
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 21, 2007 06:17AM

Natural boosts of energy , I usually avoid salt for that.

No supplements.

never lagging along

sleep patterns ok. I have no problem sleeping when I want to . Sometimes I stay up all night other times sleep until 5 am.

I watch tv I like HEROES and LOST. That is about it. If I have company I put the news on. for conversation

All raw fooders are different. We only have diet in common and as you see, not all the time, either. Whatever YOU are is perfect.

I tried fitting in before and it bombed. I don't like chanting , praying to angels, not brushing my teeth or obsessing about parasites.

Posted by: Joe Gray ()
Date: March 21, 2007 10:05AM

I downloaded some of the Heroes episodes also. Not as good as some of my favorites movies but pretty good for television.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: March 21, 2007 12:16PM

CoconutCream:

"I tried fitting in before and it bombed. I don't like chanting , praying to angels, not brushing my teeth or obsessing about parasites."

HaHa! I can't imagine why! I mean if you don't obsess about parasites what do you DO?!

allfivesenses: I'm curious. What specifically is it about tv that you think may affect the raw diet/lifestyle?

I have noticed that the food commercials become even more ridiculous and repulsive, and the Burger King freak? If I were a kid he'd scare the @#$%& outta me! Heck! he gives me the willies even now.

khale

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:00PM

The trouble for me with watching TV is I want to eat something, even after I've already eaten.

I notice that salty stuff really makes me feel yuck the next morning. Am eating less and less and so need less and less.

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:17PM

Supplements: Pure synergy

TV: Gilmore Girls and Craig Ferguson monologues! Other than that, I don't have any real interest in other shows anymore -- and I used to love watching CSI and other crime shows. Now they just kind of make me feel queasy with all the violence and energy spent focusing on hatred/anger/destruction. And, yeah, what is that with the Burger King guy -- really creepy. Interestingly enough, the commercials don't really make me crave the food they are advertising -- most cooked food just looks gross after staring down a giant bowl of salad with beautiful, colorful clean vegetables!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 21, 2007 02:24PM

My experiences:

How do you get a natural boost in energy? do you take supplements? do you ever
find yourself lagging along? i have been feeling quite fatigued lately.

-During detox I often had energy ups and downs. Once I was hitting my goals, I always had/have energy if I am pursuing something I am passionate about. I get plenty of rest (as needed) and plenty of sun, exercise, and fresh air - you know?

Have you noticed a difference in sleep patterns/qaulity/quantity since going raw? is it true (for you) what they say that you need much less sleep on raw food? changes in dreaming? how do you FEEL when you wake up?

-Personally, I sleep about the same (8 hours)....especially since I often work out and exercise during the day. I DO sleep better having not eaten after dark.

Do you watch television? if so, how much daily/weekly? how do you feel tv does/did affect you and your raw food path?

-I don't watch TV during my own time. I only watch shows and movies that I have pre-recorded or downloaded specificially because I am interested in it. It is commercial-free! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

Date: March 21, 2007 06:10PM

Tv does not affect the raw food lifestyle, excpet maybe you want to go eat a hamburger after seeing so many burger commercials like Dulset says.

Posted by: all5senses ()
Date: March 21, 2007 09:36PM

thanks for the posts! i was merely interested in the TV/raw food coorelation because my personal mindset is that tv is destructive to the mind and body & inhibits the natural path of life and thus a raw food path, but i also realize many different people choose raw food for many different reasons, not just to be closer with nature (which is usually a side effect of raw foodism anyway). before you guys aswered i was semi expecting everyone to be anti TV as it isn't part of nature, but now i see many "modern" people in raw foods are not so intently set on making every aspect of their lives 100% nature. but in my opion the coorelation i see in TV/raw food is sense that overprocessed food is destructive i think tv overprocesses, overstimulates and distrotes the mind.
I think what i have learned and am still learning is balance in life. it sounds like you all have balance with the television, not addicted to it but not rejecting it from your lives. like coconut cream said in post #2 (last line) i have obsessed over being 100% raw in the past (also trying to be alternative to everything mainstream, eg colonics, not brushing teeth etc. haha) and it just isn't a healthy way to live mentally. being so caught up in if something meets this or that rule is almost psychotic. it's all about balance. though personally i would like to get to the point where i don't watch telelvision at all i think it is a slow ongoing process (it is especially hard when people in the house always have the tv on, ahh!) along with my raw food progression. i don't want either to consume my life and i think that is key. thanks all of you for sharing your opinions and thoughts.

Date: March 21, 2007 11:32PM

whatever you make up in your head is fine. I mean, tv is radioactive, I guess. But that's about it. Plius listening to a bunch of monkeys who think they know everything, on the news is tiring. If you are happy with it, fine

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 22, 2007 12:54AM

I like acai and/or zeolite for natural energy boosting.

My life is def more interesting without TV, now I have a TV but when I lived in Manhattan I didn't have one for years, and I didn't miss it - I went out more, called people more, and read more. Now I live in an apartment that has an actual living room and hence, tv- and I certainly can't stick my roomie with the entire cable bill knowing that I'm going to watch it anyway - because it's there. So I love makeover shows! What Not to Wear and How Do I Look and Dr. 90210. and the science channel and south park also plus seinfeld tho I've seen them all so many times.

I don't get tempted by food on tv, though, not like I used to when I wasn't raw - back then tv always made me feel snacky so I wouldn't even start watching, I religiously went to the gym instead. Raw lets me sit on my ass & watch TV! That seems so... wrong somehow.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: March 22, 2007 12:58AM

i feel more energized when i exercise regularly. a strong body wants to be put to use.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables