Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New and Interested in Raw foods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:04PM

Hey,

I'll give a little background on me and why I want to eat vegan/raw food.

I just quit taking an anti-depressant. I STILL have mild "zapping" that is going on in my brain from having been on Lexapro for 6 months (I quit about three weeks ago).

For years I have suffered from anxiety and emotional problems- I have removed most of the external stressors- now comes the task of repairing the damage internally.

I am healthy for the most part. No high blood pressure, I am very physically active, and I have been the same weight for several years.

I probably have a food addiction I am trying to kick- chocolate and cheese are my friends.

I have tried a bit of a cleanse- I cut out milk/cheese/ sugars and I found it helped. It has been hard to stick to a regimented diet, since I have become a new manager of a store, my eating is off, but not too bad... I am sticking to my greens, whole grain rice, beans, and fruits.

I am particularly interested in how to make cheese out of nuts. i think this would be a great alternative- since I am capable of eating vast quantities of cheese, and I used to drink about a liter a milk a day (as a teenager).

Lee Anne

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New and Interested in Raw foods
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:51PM

I am still transitioning, it's been about 5 months. In the beginning to deal with the new empty feeling in my stomach, (I just wasn't eating enough fruits and veggies), I started snacking a lot on unsoaked nuts and seeds. Then I started to get symptoms of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome from undigested nuts and seeds in my gut).

Fast forward to now, I have found that you do crave what you eat and the less I eat of fatty salty food the easier it is to ignore it. The fruits and green smoothies are my staple and I love them more and more as time passes.

Posted by: Felix ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:57PM

It takes quite a while to transition/adjust to a raw/vegan diet but it is all worth it. Go at your pace and keep increasing raw fruits and greens. All the best! smiling smiley

Proverbs 15:17 (New International Version) "Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred."

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2007 02:03PM

I have tried a simple diet- non vegan- and not necessarily raw. I think I will try to transition slowly.

I found that having 5 meals a day on a simple cleanse diet reduced the urge to snack. I ate nuts- only small servings though- and snacked on greens/veggies/ and fruit between meals.

I may not go "full" raw... I just want to transition slowly... reduce things slowly , like red meat/eggs/ chicken, as to not shock my body too much.

I find eating oatmeal in the morning helps with hunger through out the day. I also try to snack through out the day, on veggies and fruit.

I am just going to go slowly so the effects of switching will be minimal.

Lee Anne

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 22, 2007 10:48AM

Lee Anne...i think u are doing right.going slow is good.good luck.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables