Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gabriel Cousin's spiritual nutrition book
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: March 27, 2007 02:06AM

I heard an audio of Gabriel a while back and he didn't resonate with me, I found him to be kinda dogmatic and not open minded. Anyways I went ahead and bought this book because the Ayurveda spin into Raw foods attracted me.

I am reading this book and I disagree with alot of his views, quite strongly I might add. Still there does seem to be some good info if you can see passed his biases.

anyways, what do you think of this book?

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gabriel Cousin's spiritual nutrition book
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 27, 2007 03:35PM

I once read his Conscious Eating book and also liked the Ayurvedic approach. I still have some attraction to Ayurveda but feel more attracted to what I've come to believe about Doug Graham's approach. What good info do you see in the book?

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: March 27, 2007 03:40PM

Cousins does have very very strong views on what should be avoided entirely, what works depending on your type, etc. When I read his books, I always keep in mind that he is often in the role of helping people cure themselves from critical health crises -- and it might be that what a person's system who is attempting to cure diabetes or cancer is different from maintaining excellent health.

On the other hand, interestingly enough, I find many of his recipes to be very heavy and try to opt for lighter meals. Of course, he may consider those to be for people transitioning. I remember seeing a video clip on him working with about a dozen diabetics and the struggle they had with going to the ranch and trying to revolutionize their eating and drinking habits -- those heavier foods would help with the transition process for people who have extreme SAD food addictions. I empathize with them -- it was so heartening to hear some of their results -- after a very short time raw, those who made it through the program saw tremendous health benefits!

Posted by: ella ()
Date: March 27, 2007 05:47PM

i think it's quite thick. i'm more of a novella type of girl.

photos

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 27, 2007 10:09PM

hey flex do you have any sites about Ayurveda i could check out .. im interested as we took a basic class in this during massage therapy school smiling smiley

thanks

Jodi

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: March 27, 2007 10:38PM

Hi Jodi,

You can checkout [www.ayurveda.com] , Vasant Lad is a very cool kat and his books are great also, you can check them out on amazon:
[www.amazon.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 30, 2007 06:40PM

in my opinion Ayurveda is a system from ancient india
before science and before raw food diet
India has a tropical (very hot & very humid) climate and the original reason for spices, before there was refidgeration,
was to preserve food...
especially salt,
these spices do not really belong in the human body.
so IMO it's basically just another symptomatic approach
possibly breifly helpful occassionaly
but not a good approach to long term health
IMO Ayurveda is also overly complicated and vague.
why not trust one's own body?
and if one has doubts use cron-o-meter software.

GC also complicates everything he writes or talks about...
if we need complexity
we can study a new language, play chess...whatever
food can be enjoyable

and "Dr." D Grahm makes much better sense in his 80-10-10 book

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: March 30, 2007 06:46PM

[spaz.ca]

CRON-O-Meter is free, open source, and cross-platform dieting software.

about doug graham
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 15, 2007 09:15PM

greetings, I do not yet have doug's book 80/10/10, would you be willing to give me an overview of his point of view, and a typical daily regime that is healthful?
I am a bit confused over all the different angles and paths that raw food has taken, much appreciated
spiralwoman

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables