Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High Raw Diet
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2007 02:59PM

My husband and I are starting a high raw lifestyle, about 85-90% raw to start with. Someone told us not to eat to much fruit, Can you eat to much fruit???? What is a balance for fruit, vegetables, fats, cooked for a day?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Raw Diet
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 27, 2007 03:20PM

depends on who you talk to.

i would suggest if you want to do it right,
then make a small investment in the below book, because
there is more to the answer than just, how much of x, y and z.

[www.foodnsport.com]

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 27, 2007 03:53PM

I agree with what fresh is saying. Check out the "High-fruit low-fat research trial!!!" thread to get an idea of the daily menus of some of the people on this forum.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 27, 2007 05:58PM

Hi Nisolu,
I agree with Fresh and Bryan-- depends on a lot of different facts, and where you are in your detox too, no doubt. I sometimes eat a lot of fruit and other times I will eat more vegetables. I just got off a long fast and had almost NO desire for fruit-- I was so surprised! Now I'm eating some fruit again, but vegetables predominate.

A good thing to keep in mind is that sometimes we're engaged in a more cleansing diet, while at other times we're eating to build up our reserves. Fruit is more cleansing than vegetables, seeds, and nuts are, so when you're exclusively cleansing you may want a lot more fruit, and when you're trying to build up your stores of nutrients, you may want more of the vegetables, greens, nuts and seeds. That's how I look at it, anyway.

I'm also high raw at the moment. Sometimes I do 100%, but at other times it just seems right to me to do less than 100% raw.

Read a lot of different viewpoints, then close your eyes to it all and listen to the beat of your own drum.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 27, 2007 09:05PM

-I agree with the above great posts. The issues involved during early transition periods are never cut and dry....but rather very individual. I usually suggest eating a WIDE variety of the fruits and vegetables that you LOVE....and staying full in the beginning....and worrying much less about eating organic, fasting, cleansing....or purchasing expensive equipment. Things which might limit the more serious work of being comfortable eating more fruits and vegetables for life.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:57AM

Thank you all so much, what an inspiring group I have found!

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: March 29, 2007 01:54AM

I agree with what David is saying. It is best to get somewhat comfortable and confident with the diet first. I am in week two of 100% raw and had a few days where I ate almost all fruit and for me that is not something I can sustain right away - I felt tired and imbalance. But I expect as I as I get stronger then I can fast and eat more fruit. Right now though I am eating more fatty food - avos and nuts b/c that helps me transition.
As Kwan and others have said, it's best to listen to your body!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables