Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Itchy Tonsil (huh?)
Posted by: gracielle ()
Date: April 04, 2007 04:02AM

Hi Everyone! I'm new to raw foods, I've been doing it for only a week, but I've had a rather amazing awakening to how wonderful and healing they are for the body. I plan on making it a permanent part of my lifestyle, because I feel so much better. smiling smiley I have discovered many benefits like my skin clearing up, better circulation, loss of body fat, and better flexibility. I did experience some headaches and slight fever, I think it was a reaction to my body's natural healing and detoxification process. So here's my question...

A couple of days ago, I noticed an itchy sensation in the back of my throat, and upon looking in the mirror, my left tonsil appeared a little swollen. It doesn't hurt at all. It's just itchy, and I can scratch it by massaging the area near where my jawbone meets my neck. I have never had this issue before, and I've read that the tonsils are connected to the lymph system, I don't know if that's true, but perhaps this could be my body's way of trying to detox. I don't notice my reaction corresponding to any particular food that I eat. So, ANY input or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

~Blessings and Love to All!~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Itchy Tonsil (huh?)
Posted by: macfly ()
Date: April 04, 2007 05:03AM

I've also noticed cleansing symptoms occurring around my tonsils. I've gone back and forth between raw and cooked vegetarian and one thing I've experienced each time I've come back to raw is a period of several days where many tonsilloliths emerge from my tonsils. I attribute it partly to moving to a cleaner diet that allows my body to cleanse itself more efficiently and deeply, and to aerobic exercise (lots of rebounding, especially) that bring oxygen into and through the lymph system, allowing it to "pump out" substances that it doesn't want.

So, I think you're definitely on to something smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2007 05:04AM by macfly.

Date: April 04, 2007 10:09PM

Thanks Macfly!

That's really interesting that you've experienced it as well. I'm glad to know it's not entirely uncommon, and perhaps I'm not a such a freak afterall.

I have heard about tonsilloliths, though I've never came into contact with any personally. I'm intrigued... is there a simple way to dig them out, or is it pretty much an endless game of aimless Q-tipping? Anyhow, perhaps only time will tell, as you've said they seem to emerge by themselves over the course of the detoxification process.

smiling smiley

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: April 04, 2007 10:59PM

Well, if you wanna go there...it's more of an endless game of holding a flashlight in one hand, manipulating the tonsil with your pinky on other hand, while strangely contorting the muscles around your tongue and the roof of your mouth until you get just the right angle and pressure so the thing pops out. It's pretty satisfying, to be honest!

Date: April 05, 2007 12:32AM

Haha.. oh my...

I had no idea that's how you did it... now I'm REALLY intrigued! I'll have to try that and see what happens... if you have any more tips let me know! tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks so much Macfly!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables