Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting raw food plan...
Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: April 04, 2007 04:10AM

Hey everyone,

I wanted to try out raw foods again and just wanted to know what everyone thought about starting with the Master Cleanse. I was thinking of trying it (for the first time ever) for 10 days and then eating all raw food from there on. Right now my diet is around 70% raw and all vegan mostly fruit/vegetables with the occasional bit of brown rice and vegan gluten-free treat (very rarely my treats are usually fruit).

Also what are good books for reading about the MC? I've been reading lots of internet articles but I have yet to get a book.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting raw food plan...
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 04, 2007 07:50AM

hey there...hmm i have always though this was a good thing the MC but recently there has been so much controversy i don't know anymore haha...i am more a go with how your body feels type of a person ahha...i think you should go with what you feel like is good for you...if your body seems to respond very well on day one and 2 of the mc and you feelgood and it is for you GO WITH IT....if you don't feel the greatest or you just aren't ready mentally or physically for it...then just stick with raw foods...they are a great cleanse and detox all in it's own...just eating a diet of all raw is great and will detox your body!!! so good luck with everything....if you aren't really cleansed and detoxed yet...a lot of people think it is better to go all raw first....because you detox so strongly anyway...it is even more so on the liquid fast..so those are some words to indulge haha...
good luck and if you need support or encouragement i am here!!!
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
oh p.s there is a book out that is the master cleanse book or more so a booklet...hmm you should be able to find it at any health food store...or borders, i am not sure about barnes or nobles. though....good luck

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 04, 2007 08:01AM

Another cleanse you might want to play with is the mono-diet, which is, for a week or so, just eat one kind of food. Bananas are a good choice as they are cheap and have a lot of calories. Various folk on this forum and others have played with this cleanse and have experienced an easeful cleansing.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 04, 2007 12:28PM

I tried the banana mono thing - I did not like it...I did it for about 5-6 days.

I just could not get enough! I mean 13 bananas in ONE sitting...

NO thanx

Maybe a better mono fruit would be a juicy one?

After my Master cleanse last summer I only craved Watermelon and that is all I ate for 4-5 days!!

I am currently on day 9 of a juice FEAST!!

Check out my diary....

juice FREASTING - not fasting

RAWX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: April 04, 2007 05:50PM

You may want to check out what I just posted in the thread about fasting. The master cleanse has worked best for me if I don't take it too seriously (regarding exactly how much and when to drink), with the following exceptions: Do a salt water flush every morning; and don't eat/drink ANYTHING at all, except for water, lemonade, senna leaf tea, and the salt water. That means no "occasional table spoon of syrup or blackstrap molasses", no gum, etc. I did make some of the lemonades using blackstrap molasses, I just didn't do the molasses straight. The latter seemed to not work out too well on my last MC.

One detail that might be of interest to you: After my 3 week master cleanse, I was still craving cooked brown rice. After the 40 day master cleanse, I now have no desire whatsoever to eat cooked rice.

Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: April 05, 2007 01:23AM

Thanks for all the comments; based on my own mentality, research and viewing of other comments, I think I'll test out the MC first because I'm mentally there and it's the most important part for me.
Also just out of curiosity how long would one stay on the mono-fruit diet, would it be like the MC, until one's tongue is clean? I love bananas and could easily do all bananas and/or apples (I love them and the apples would be local which really satisfies my mind).
I just feel the need to experiment with the MC on my body but I'm going to wait until I finish my exams (about 2 weeks). I may start a mono fruit diet first though.
Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables