Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Calcium Phosphorous ratio
Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: April 10, 2007 11:46PM

I read that we don't want to eat nuts, or meat because the high Phosphorous to Calcium ratio would pull the calcium out of our body. I have noticed that some fruits are high in Phosphorous.

How do you think this effects eating large amounts of these fruits?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Calcium Phosphorous ratio
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 11, 2007 04:34AM

I've been eating nuts (in moderation) for almost 3 decades and I had a bone density test recently and they said I had strong bones like a teenager. Just don't eat nuts/seeds if you are concerned about it. This is a good forum if you think everything is bad for you exept fruit though. Best of luck to you.

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: April 11, 2007 02:20PM

Thank you Rawrrr. What does the rest of your diet look like?

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: April 11, 2007 04:09PM

Hi Connie... big green salads are pretty much my trademark if you know me and have been for almost 3 decades as well. I love salad and can live on it almost. Romaine or mixed greens with arugula, cranberries, tahini dressing, avocados, almonds, is my longtime fave. I eat fruits & green juices early in the day, greens, veggies & green juices from noon on, then if I have a cooked meal, it will be in the evening, organic steamed rice with red lentils or beans or a raw vegetarian protein. Raw honey to sweeten because it is healing, and does not ferment when ingested, and works well as a neutral in food combining.

I never use nuts/seeds as a meal, but to jazz up a meal or making nut milc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables