Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: red onion/ garlic craving
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:08AM

hehe im the only one on my street that doesnt make any attempt at destroying the dandylions .. pffft i like em their pretty and they taste good !

*twitches nose*

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:35AM

hahaha i kno i luff dandelions! :] why do ppl think theyre a weed, ppl r so weird,
we hav wildflowers in our front yard every summer, long purple ones, they look like tiny snapdragons, and my dad always waks them, i get so pissed,, we also had wild black berry bushes and he chopped half of those down, ok my dads an idiot, im getting mad just thinking about it

Date: April 13, 2007 12:37AM

i know .. my father in law just sprayed weed killer on a about 300 feet of beautiful blackberries .. when i saw that i wanted to cry .. he also wages war on the stinging nettles but they seem to fight back

*sigh* to the ignorant

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: April 13, 2007 12:42AM

Fuzzysox,

Georg Carlin is a comedian. He did a little routine about how there is no blue food and said that blueberries are purple, not blue.

Kit

Date: April 13, 2007 12:44AM

yes big sigh, im so sorry, it makes me wunna cry 2,,and my dad grew up on a farm,,
gladly nature fights back :p
wenever he comes back in from haking them all down, he gets stung by hornets, and ripped up by thorns, and burnt by the sun,, i cant help but smile everytime i hear him complain about it, its like thats wat u get for being an idiot
he still hasnt given me a viable reason, honestly, 4 why he does it, except that he just wants 2 destroy something, and i asked him not 2 do it! its pissing me off soo much!!!!!
ok i gotta stop

Date: April 13, 2007 12:50AM

fuzzysox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> wenever he comes back in from haking them all
> down, he gets stung by hornets, and ripped up by
> thorns, and burnt by the sun,,

lol mothernature .. gotta love her winking smiley

Date: April 13, 2007 12:54AM

haha ya u do ;p

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 13, 2007 01:42AM

my dad has 20 acres of fields and woods, filled with blackberries, dewberries, blueberries, wild strawberries, elderberries, chokecherries, wild apples, peaches...u name it. I've been a forager since I was 8. I used to pour through the stalking the wild aspargus or whatever books since then. It was the only way to get sweets when I was a girl...to go find and pick berries.

My VERY FAVORITE TREAT as a girl- raw CATTAIL ROOTS. I would dig them up and clean them with the hose...then chew out their starchy goodness. OMG YUM.

My parents also grew most of our food, which meant hours in the garden. I never had processed stuff til I went away to school.

Date: April 13, 2007 01:45AM

ohh lol i stil dunno who he is tho lol, ill chek him out :]

Date: April 13, 2007 01:48AM

omgosh mia that sounds like heaven, i wish i lived there!!! i didnt kno u could eat cattail roots!!! are they really that good,, haha i wunna try one!!

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 13, 2007 02:23AM

the cattails have a starchy corn or taro type taste...I dunno, cant describe it. If you know the 'mouth feel' of taro, that is the closest I can come to it. I like it better than tarot.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables