Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

live for yourself
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 12, 2007 07:23PM

All of you struggling with raw food, binging, worried about deficiency, afraid...I suggest you live for yourself and look within for answers.

There are alot of books and websites saying whatever they want to make up.

If you look at your mind as having the answers to everything, the absolute..you can be assured and trust that you know what is best for yourself.
Whatever path you are on, you will be guided by your own mind. Your own mind knows what is right, your mind can make its perfect decision.

Next time you have cravings, go with your mind, your mind knows what is best for you. What does your mind say? Listen to it. Stick to your guns.

Next time you have a doubt over what some author feels, just listen and see whether it makes any sense, and go on your life using it, or discarding what you don't need.

Do not depend on others to guide you. This will lead to dependence and maybe resentment later. be innovators, live for yourself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: live for yourself
Posted by: tristani ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:05PM

i agree but sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. i guess for me, i need to listen to my body and not so much my mind. you're right about depending on others but it does feel good when you know you aren't the only going through certain things. especially when you are beginning such a journey as raw. that's just my opinion.

Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:24PM

I listen to EVERYTHING. IT is how we balance as humans, I believe. We are not islands...support groups help UNTIL they become dependence...trying to maintain a balance and asking for answers when our minds get bogged down is my own personal goal. I can learn much from my neighbor's experience, since they started their journey's before me...and become inspired by them. However, I agree we must listen to our innards as well.

Nice post

Mia

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:30PM

tristani Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i agree but sometimes my mind plays tricks on me.
> i guess for me, i need to listen to my body and
> not so much my mind. you're right about depending
> on others but it does feel good when you know you
> aren't the only going through certain things.
>

me too

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: April 12, 2007 08:33PM

Lovely posts, all of you. I agree with it all...I do believe that our selves know best, and I find that even this forum leads me astray from my own thoughts/feelings. On the other hand, sometimes it guides me back. Miaculpa, what you said about support groups helping until they become dependence - that's it in a nutshell! They're *support* groups, not the be-all end-all. Same with books, DVDs, websites, etc. - everyone is preaching what worked for *them*; their method(s) may not work for everyone else, despite the numerous claims that such-and-such will lead to perfect health. The only solution to health - in any form - is inside yourself; no one's gonna find it for you.

Thanks for starting this thread coconutcream. You saw the elephant in the room.

Posted by: jorgeben ()
Date: October 22, 2007 05:03AM

I ABSOLUTELY agree!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 22, 2007 01:11PM

Listen to CoconutCream! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:41PM

yeah, it seems most people have a steady stream of knowledge being tossed in their eye

. but one doesn't need to have a belief system where ANY program/regiment will hold you back - or on the contrary to return your health/save your life.

. it just isn't happenin' anyway

however

. many people no matter how inexpilicable their situation...they will not give up the ghost of their rigid beliefs...

. thats why I think support/additional knowledge can be helpful. Because people equate stubborness...with personal choice.

I'm watching it go down with some friends right now...once you are sold..I suppose :/

Lets hope not

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 23, 2007 06:59PM

Coconutcream,

I certainly agree with you and feel that the sentiment is lovely and sincere. However, I believe it's far easier to go with what the mind and body tell you POST detox.

Detox or transition away from the SAD is what I'm up against and I bet others are too. If I weren't physically tired, depressed, overwhelmed, confused, and basically just so new to the raw lifestyle everything would be far easier. Still, in my 40+ years on this earth I've found that the best things in life are the direct result of an incredible struggle or monumental undertaking of some kind. As I say to my kids, if it's easy it's crap (language cleaned up, of course).

Honestly it's posts like these that keep me staying the course. I'm not a quitter by nature and I like the changes I've seen in just two months. I'll get there Conconutcream. Trust me, I'll get there.

Regards to all!

David

Posted by: wrenbrrd ()
Date: October 23, 2007 07:24PM

Yeah, my intuition has always been right. I should know by now!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:36PM

Thanks Coconutcream. That is what I needed to hear right now.

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: October 24, 2007 02:35AM

thanks coconut cream.

btw, you are so beautiful! such encouragement for raw love.

i find i know exactly what i need to from somewhere inside, yet when emotionally charged or stressed am i confused, searching for words of others to guide me as i don't' want to be responsible to make the choice myself - drama, it can be fun winking smiley

thanks again, your wisdom is so great for someone so young!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables