Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

should molars be removed?
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 12, 2007 10:45PM

i think thats wat theyre called, well wat i mean is the teeth that grow way in the back and dentists say theyre bad 4 u... i dont think this is tru, why in the world would we grow them if they were worthless,, well the dentist says my mouth is going 2 b all jacked up if i dont get them removed, and im 17 and ive had them, not for a long time,, but i dont think its true,, wat do u guys think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: should molars be removed?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2007 11:33PM

hmm are you sure youre not meaning wisdom teeth? you need your molars to chew ..

wisdom teeth the very back ones that come in later after adult teeth come in do cuase some people problems ...mostly they dont fit and impact

i had mine removed wheni was young adult because my jawline was too small for them to grow in and they were impacting my other teeth causing me xtreme pain so they removed them before they grew all the way through

Date: April 12, 2007 11:37PM

lmao!! yah wisdom teeth lol i knew it was called something else :p
interesting, so our jaws got smaller,, man
loli need a bigger jaw, i guess that could happen
i still dont wunna take them out tho, but i will 4 the sake of my head

Date: April 12, 2007 11:40PM

im not really sure fuzzysox if our jaws got smaller evolutionary wise ..maybe youre onto something there ... ask Gosia maybe she seems to know a bit about our evolutionary processes from what ive read

i do know ..or am pretty sure that including wisdom teeth (considered a molar btw) that you should have 5 molars per side up and down ..

i have 3 per sside up and down as my jaw is tiny .. my boyfriend on the other hand has all his teeth (minus the two bottom ones thta got knocked out when he got hit in the head with a backhoe)

but hes a bigmouth .. well in my opinion winking smiley *cackles*

anyone here a dentist that can explain? or dental hygenist or assistant???? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 11:42PM by Jgunn.

Date: April 12, 2007 11:46PM

yah i read about that somewhere, dont kno where, its prolly something like the appendix, idk tho,,

hehehe owch tho, that mustve hurt:p

haha i only hav 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom, err im confused lol, but i dont hav my wisdom teeth down, theyre in there they just wont come down, interestingly enough a neither will my canines :p i lost my baby ones when i was 12 so yah they hav to sugically brng those down, with a chain yikes!

Date: April 12, 2007 11:49PM

they actually cut my gums open and removed them before they sprouted through lol... they took 8 teeth total .. 2 per side up and down smiling smiley thats why i only gots 3 per side smiling smiley

btw i love my hubby he just never shuts up tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 12, 2007 11:51PM

lol hehehe im sure u do luv him, i get that lol :p

owwwches pain! that sounded like it was not so great lol, i think thats wat theyre doing 2 me 2,, all i kno is that theyre taking out a buttload of teeth

Date: April 12, 2007 11:54PM

twas horrible .. i was put under .. the anesthisia made me ill for days.. i woke up kicking an punching and crying so hard i thought a lake was coming out of my eyes and the drugs they gave me for afterwards .. well lets just say i lost a week of my life ..i dont recall anything fromthat week whatsoever lol

i did however discover at that time i was allergic to codeine lol

Date: April 13, 2007 12:02AM

holy crap!!! that sucks!! wat a bunch of tards

haha twas, i use that word 2 lol

geez they put me on uuh, watever that drug is that makes u go numb n sumthin, wow pathetic my brain has stopped working,, and they did it while i was awake, i was so freaked out, i was sweating all over the place, and this random@ss guy walks in out of nowhere and they were talking about me as if i wasnt there, plus the music playing in the background,i was sure they were gunna drill into my brain,lol,,,it was soo weird

why didnt they give u that stuff?? u dont feel a thing

Date: April 13, 2007 12:42AM

i didnt feel anything till i woke up ..

i think youre talking about novacaine or something like it

they just knocked me out cold and i woke up in pain with a fistfull of painkillers to take ..

bleh

Date: April 13, 2007 12:47AM

yes yes novacaine wow, they mustve given u sumthin waay stronger then,,im sorry
they gave me painkillers 2 but i didnt take them, i was pissed off at my dad once again bc he was gunna force me 2 take them, but i snuck out of it, it didnt hurt that bad lol

Posted by: SPARKLE ()
Date: April 13, 2007 10:19AM

My Dentist told me that our mouths have evolved to be smaller - we no longer need wisdom teeth, but they often still grow.

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 15, 2007 01:37PM

Lots of people have their wisdom teeth removed and, though they dont find it pleasant, dont find it excruciating either.

I understand its definitely better to do while theyre still small, but large enough to grab.

I see a biological dentist, tho and they have a less conventional spin on a few things.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 15, 2007 04:01PM

A dentisit I had many years ago said leave them in if they're not bothering you, they can come in handy in later life in case you lose others. I have two wisdom teeth left, one top and one bottom. They help me chew better though my bottom teeth are a little crowded. All in all am glad now I didn't have them removed.

Posted by: annex ()
Date: April 15, 2007 07:07PM

My attitude is if it isn't broken don't fix it. I was told that when I was 12 I would need all my wisdom teeth taken out because my mouth was too small. Now it is 20 years later and other than typical teething issues, my wisdom teeth have never caused me harm or pain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables