Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE THE DIET
Posted by: miaculpa ()
Date: April 13, 2007 11:12PM

I am a bit miffed right now. I found this comment on myspace, a reply to the blog where I keep track of my raw progress--this person left this comment (I dont know them)

"I have read some of your blogs, but this is the first time I have commented. First I would like to say, I am sorry for the loss in your family. As far as the eating goes, I have half assed tried to find the reason for your diet, but I have a short attention span, and never found it. If I had to guess, you are a model of some type wich I guess would necessitate that kind of thing. I have suffered from an eating dissorder for most of my life. I just hope that you continue to do things the right way. Love yourself, and don't let the quest for outer beauty destroy your inner beauty.

-H-"

HOW MANY OTHERS OUT THERE HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF EATING DISORDERS BECAUSE OF THIS DIET?

I went into this because of debilitating health/intestinal issues. I am so pissed people think I am trying to starve or something! My blog here is identical to the myspace blog.

Mia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE THE DIET
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 13, 2007 11:31PM

geeez yah these ppl r annoying, lmao she even said she didnt hav a long enough attention span 2 even look up what eating rawfoods is really about.... maybe she should do raw herself lmao

Date: April 13, 2007 11:48PM

this was actually a guy...least his pic and profile indicated this...

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: April 13, 2007 11:57PM

Yes, it is quite frustrating when strangers make ignorant comments. Is there any way to disable the comments feature in your myspace blog? If so, that may be helpful to you. I did that recently with my own blog because the comments were really exasperating, and the blog is mainly for my benefit. I feel much better now blogging in peace. LOL!

grinning smiley

Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 14, 2007 12:37AM

Good idea. Just ignore this people. They don't deserve any kind of attention.

Date: April 14, 2007 02:13AM

I actually directed him to some studies published online that were in the news.

Better to educate than to let the ignorant continue spewing their erroneous opinions, methinks.

To even INSINUATE that I am starving myself is laughable! I eat like a well oiled bovine lately, hehe...I eat MORE now than I did prior to going raw...even more than when I was simply cooked vegan. I've also gotten quite a few others into this since I've started my journey, which makes me very happy.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 14, 2007 02:59AM

For some reason as soon as I learned of the raw food diet, it just resonated as the saniest way of eating I've ever heard of. Guess some people don't get it.

I started it for better health, and it sure did help me in that, and because I needed to lose weight it helped with that too.

It's natural, and pure, and the way we should be eating..not the overdone over processed crap they like to call food. We are so unnatural is much of what we do, that at least eating we could get back to our natural diet.

I don't bother educating people on it unless they show an interest in it, or ask questions, or in some way show they want more info.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: April 14, 2007 03:42AM

Dearest Mia,i am sorry.I feel a close minded person is not worth my time. i care about everyone but if they see me on this diet and approach me with interest or at least not an ignorant stance...i will talk with them about me trying to be more healthy.i feel sorry for that person...only cause he sounds so close minded-or maybe i should say a'set mind frame of what he thinks he knows".don't let it bother u. i think u did good to direct him to some inlightenment.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: April 14, 2007 04:12AM

Mia:

A day only has 24 hours, of which aprox. 8 or so is used for sleeping or rest related activities. For most people more than 1/3 of the rest of their day is used for work related activities including commuting. This does not include the extra time some raw foodists spend sprouting, preparing, dehydrating, vitamixing their foods, etc--not to mention time surfing and posting on this board. Which means: there isn't a whole lot of time left over, and especially not for pessimistic people.

If someone wants to be critical or unduly negative about your diet, let it be 'their' problem, not yours and theirs. In some cases, deep down they are actually jealous and are trying to ruffle feathers, since as they say, "misery loves company"

Wishing you vibrant health

Date: April 14, 2007 08:13PM

thanks for the replies!

I found a great article posted in another raw food forum that I think is terrific...

[www.newstarget.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 14, 2007 08:31PM

hey there girl sorry that happended to you...that is why i don't let anyone i don't know on my friends list...or view my myspace...i have it set to private....hmm....well i am sorry to hear that that is a harsh thing to deal with!! but you are all the stronger for it....some people just don't understand exactly what it is...did you post why you were doing and it was a health thing?? i know that sometimes people with ED's are trust trying to honestly help others with ed's and don't always do it right....so be strong!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 14, 2007 09:49PM

yeah, I did, but as he said he didn't read too carefully...I think he just saw 18 days worth of RAW DIET DAY _ posts and assumed. I doubt he was being unkind, just ill-informed. I actually put the ABOVE link from last post (above your last one) on my blog, as I found it perfect.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: April 14, 2007 10:33PM

I find peoples concern over my eating raw not much fun. I've lost a fair bit of weight and everyone talks to me like I might have an eating disorder. Sigh!

I always have and still do eat hearty. Will show them all one day lol!

Am reading The China Study. There it is, all the iron clad scientific proof in the world that animal protein is the root of all our health evils and no one I know seems aware or interested in the least. Why would they listen to me, I have an eating disorder lol!

The fast food commercials just keep coming, the factory farms keep rolling, the doctors offices keep filling up and the drug companies keep making billions aaiieeee!

Sorry to vent but you guys know what I mean :<

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: April 15, 2007 03:46AM

"half assed tried to find the reason for your diet" + "short attention span"
= ignore the post grinning smiley

Although he did actually have things to say that were very nice... he just made an incorrect assumption about why you were on the diet.

Cheers! smiling smiley

Posted by: hereami ()
Date: April 15, 2007 04:22AM

Don't worry about ignorant people. You are better for your nutritional decision. My Dad age 76 was diagnosed with cancer and he chose to use natural medicine. The doc. placed him on a raw diet to alkalize his body. Most people don't understand and criticized his decision. Four months later,he's praising the Lord and celebrating the remarkable improvements. I made the change to RAW for prevention and to to enjoy life with more energy. I love to eat and I eat alot. I refuse to restict calorie intake. I was weighing 150 and now I weight 133.I just started working out and I love the extra boost I get from juicing dark greens and wheat grass. Just smile when people criticize you for being raw.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 15, 2007 05:46AM

send the dude a bowl of fruit

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: April 15, 2007 11:59AM

lol la_varonique
well said!!
grinning smiley

xxpeisi

Posted by: noelle ()
Date: April 15, 2007 01:34PM

Ahh yes, the eating disorder thing. I've been getting some of that.

It's kind of okay by me, because that isn't the case-- I get mostly frustrated when I try to explain it to people and they cannot look beyond what they have learned about nutrition in the past. Protein is a big concern for them-- and it's a concernt for me too but I'm open to learning new things!

I do think that was the counting of days raw that caught his eye? He clearly relates to his own mind consuming thoughts over food. I know it can be frustrating to be thought to be something you're not, but his comment didn't sound mean or spiteful at all. I only point that out because it might help in not becoming offeneded over it and in turn save you some stress.

In regards to those who said you should just ignore him...that wouldn't be my first choice, only because it would give me peace of mind to feel I had accurately communicated myself. Maybe make a post about how it's all about nurturing your body, not depriving it! Or tell that right to him.

If you're upset about it, keep in mind that he gave you words that would have helped him, at one point in his life.

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 15, 2007 10:24PM

When most people eat SAD, they find crudites and salads and fruit very light and insubstantial. They probably assume you find eating only raw VERY unsatisfying and that you must be doing it for reasons other than appetite.

Date: April 15, 2007 10:57PM

Funny, but another myspace friend asked today if this diet was 'too much of a shock to the system'. She thought that perhaps there was possibly an element of denial to it...I am eating more than I've EVER eaten, by volume.

Strange how people perceive this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables